List of fighter originals and hacks

Started by Jedi Master Baiter, January 12, 2007, 07:31:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

planet_haxxor

Quote from: satoshi_matrix on March 11, 2008, 11:38:34 pm
Ugh.....I've tried all the Mortal Kombat Famicom pirates......and they ALL suck. Horrible AI, awful control, pitiful graphics. I dont know why they even bothered.

just because they could and could make a quick buck.. and for me that's part of the fun with these unlicenced games - the wreckless abandonment.

FamicomFreak

I got one in a lot once. I think it was MK2 and it sucks ass!! JACKAL ASS!!! lol
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

Switchstance

You forgot the one that I've used to write the review on the website of FW
http://famicomworld.com/Pirated/Mortal_Kombat_Two_PIR.htm
Famicom lover

Paul-FC

Quote from: Switchstance on March 13, 2008, 09:51:30 pm

Mortal Kombat 3-Special 56 Peoples is the same thing

Switchstance

Quote from: popibros1 on March 13, 2008, 10:19:56 pm

Well, my cart doesn't says Mortal Kombat 3 or 56 people as far you can see.
Famicom lover

Paul-FC

Quote from: Switchstance on March 14, 2008, 01:32:24 pm
Quote from: popibros1 on March 13, 2008, 10:19:56 pm

Well, my cart doesn't says Mortal Kombat 3 or 56 people as far you can see.

The DIP Switches are set to Mortal Kombat 3-Special 56 Peoples i could go to the The DIP Switches and Change it to MK 2

Switchstance

I have the cart :

How I can DIP SWITCHES on this baby?

The pics on the review were taken from a Mortal Kombat II rom that I own, but again, no dip switch to change to Special 56 people, using VirtuaNES and the official emulator of the nerdgeeknesfan FCEultra (the hack version) . Maybe I should post the rom, I really don't know if this is allowed, but if someone ask me for the rom, I will sure post it here.

Regards
Famicom lover

Paul-FC

Quote from: Switchstance on March 15, 2008, 01:54:19 am
I have the cart :

The pics on the review were taken from a Mortal Kombat II rom that I own, but again, no dip switch to change to Special 56 people, using VirtuaNES and the official emulator of the nerdgeeknesfan FCEultra (the hack version) . Maybe I should post the rom, I really don't know if this is allowed, but if someone ask me for the rom, I will sure post it here.

Regards

i do not know how to change the DIP SWITCHES on a real cart only on a emulator
and come on post the ROM

133MHz

Quoting myself:

Quote from: 133MHz on March 11, 2008, 08:36:21 pm
You know that the mapper for those games has a provision for dip switches (usually in the form of solder pads on the cart PCB), the game can read the state of the switches and provide different title screens depending on how they're configured. That way the pirates only manufacture one game board to be used on many different carts, just by varying the dip switches and therefore the title screens.

* Maybe other things could change, but usually it's just the title screen.

** Multicarts often have them too, they're used to change the number of displayed games.

If you open up your cartridge you'll see some solder pads on the board, usually one is bridged. By removing the solder and bridging another set of pads you'll change the dip switch settings. Maybe later I'll post some pics (when I get my digital camera back).

FamicomFreak

Quote from: Switchstance on March 15, 2008, 01:54:19 am
I have the cart :

Regards

Yeah I have that same cart but the cart is black not red.
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

JC

I've done an extensive update to the list in the first post. I need help filling in the missing info, which is a lot, since I don't do ROMs and don't yet have all of these fighters.

Quote from: 133MHz on March 15, 2008, 10:26:34 am
Maybe later I'll post some pics (when I get my digital camera back).

133MHz

JC

Just updated more. If you've got info, I'd appreciate the help.

JC

Does anyone know which came first: AV Beautiful Girl Fighting or Kart Fighter? I'm thinking one is a hack of the other.

JC

Seems no one knows anything. :P

So, I just got a copy of World Heroes II, and it's kinda fun. It's got Mario, Sonic, and Koopa as fighters. When you fight against Mario, you are treated to some Super Mario Bros. 3 scenery. When you fight Sonic, you get some Sonic scenery. Neat! Much better than that crappy SF hack which has Mario as a fighter.