List of fighter originals and hacks

Started by Jedi Master Baiter, January 12, 2007, 07:31:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JC

Anyone know anything about Toshiden? I think Tekken 2 and 3 were hacks of Toshiden, but I'm curious if it's a 16-bit release or later?

Vikingo70s

I have 3 games to add to the list:

MARIO FIGHTER
Maker: XOXO
Hack of Street fighter 2 the world warriors
Intro screen: yes
Fighting modes: 1p arcade and 2p vs mode
Levels of difficulty: 1
Fighters: 6 (ryu, zangief, chun li, Guile, Mario and M.Bison - misspelled Viga here- )
Fighter select screen: shows big portraits of the fighters and a world map
Vs. screen:  yes
Game Over screen: yes, shows hi scores
Notes: Couldn't find the rom nowhere... I think its not dumped yet  ???. In Argentina It's was a really common cartridge in the mid 90's

STREET FIGHTER 4
Maker: Gouder
Original (but unlicensed)
Intro screen: no
Fighters: 10 but in fact 5 (Pasta, Long, Bunny, Stallong, Chon, repeated again but with another palette and name) Also features a final boss but don't remember the name.
Fighter select screen: shows small portraits of the fighters
Vs. screen:  yes, It's animated and features a nice BGM
Game Over screen: yes
Notes: The game also features some speech (via the famicom 's pcm channeI, though speech has a very low volume) The game itself is dumped. But the rom is hard 2 find. I 've got the rom and can post it for download soon

JOY MECHA FIGHT
Maker: Nintendo
Original licensed game
Fighting modes: 1p story and 2p vs mode
Fighters: 8 but don't know the names 'cos the whole game is in japanese
Fighter select screen: at the beggining you play as the main character, once you win matches you are allowed to choose another characters.. It remains me vaguelly to the Rockman series
Game Over screen: yes
Notes: it was one of the latest famicom official games, released in 1993. It was never released ouside Japan. The game itself is dumped and easy to find. Try Romnation or Rohustler.

Hope this Information will be usefull
Long live to the Pirates !!!

Paul-FC

Quote from: Vikingo70s on October 28, 2008, 11:39:14 am
MARIO FIGHTER
Maker: XOXO
Hack of Street fighter 2 the world warriors
Fighters: 6 (ryu, zangief, chun li, Guile, Mario and M.Bison - misspelled Viga here- )
Fighter select screen: shows big portraits of the fighters and a world map
Game Over screen: yes, shows hi scores
Notes: Couldn't find the rom nowhere... I think its not dumped yet  ???. In Argentina It's was a really common cartridge in the mid 90's

i have the game heres some pics

and yes you right its not dumped yet

ericj

I love how it's Street Fighter II and then Mario Fighter III!   :P
Could you add a few screen shots from the game?

mrdomino

Quote from: JC on September 21, 2008, 12:59:10 pm
Anyone know anything about Toshiden? I think Tekken 2 and 3 were hacks of Toshiden, but I'm curious if it's a 16-bit release or later?

i *think* toshinden is just an alternate title screen for tekken, unless there's an actual toshinden port floating around as well. (the original toshinden was a PS1 game, but there was also a gameboy version which would probably be the basis of any famicom port)
some of my stuff: twitter // super multi // handheld underground

JC

JOY MECHA FIGHT

I can't believe I missed Joy Mech Fight. I think it's because I was focused on unlicensed games. I'm probably missing others, like the NES port of TMNT: Tournament Fighters.

Quote from: mrdomino on October 28, 2008, 04:48:39 pm
[i *think* toshinden is just an alternate title screen for tekken, unless there's an actual toshinden port floating around as well. (the original toshinden was a PS1 game, but there was also a gameboy version which would probably be the basis of any famicom port)

I tend to agree with you that Toshinden was likely a title screen change, altering Tekken 2. I don't think it would be based on Game Boy version, but rather the PS1 version, like Tekken would've.

Vikingo70s

Yes, i 've seen there is a review to Joy mecha fight...
Long live to the Pirates !!!

JC

FYI (mostly for my own sake):

QuoteFirst, we have three games made by J.Y. (the guys who also converted snes aladdin and super mario world to fami)

1) Mortal Kombat II: Midway and its hacks (Mortal Kombat II: Turbo, Mortal Kombat III: Midway, Mortal Kombat III: Turbo) - this is the conversion of snes Mortal Kombat 1, and not a bad one. It is probably the first game using J.Y.'s fighting engine.

2) Mortal Kombat II: Special - the one I'm searching for (hacks are Mortal Kombat III: Special and Mortal Kombat 3: Special 56 Pepoles) - it is the converion of Mortal Kombat II, and in my opinion is one of the best pirate fami games.

3) Mortal Kombat 4 - also one from J.Y., this one is the MK3 conversion, and is a little inferior to previous J.Y. games. Also it uses very strange soundtrack with kinda familliar tunes, I just can't remember where they are taken from. There is one strange hack of this game which cuts the half of caracters from tha game (I mean real characters not their portraits)

All of the above games use the same J.Y. engine which is also used in some other pirated games (ex. Kart Fighters and Garou Densetsu Special)

4) Mortal Kombat V: Turbo 30 - this is Mortal Kombat 1 conversion from YOKO. Not the worst one, but worse than any of the J.Y.'s games.

5) Mortal Kombat 6 - this is actually YuYu Hakusho hack with MK title screen so not a mortal kombat game :)

6) Mortal Kombat Trilogy - the conversion of MK3 with trilogy title screen. This is the most ugly and unplayable pirate fighting game I've seen.

7) Mortal Kombat 3 (hack Mortal Kombat III: Extra 60) - this one is from Super Game (the guys who converted some sega genesis games to fami). It's a strange hybrid game - characters from MK2, backgrounds from both MK2 and MK3, and sountrack is from Mk3.

So, not counting YuYu game, we get SIX different pirate original MK games and their numerous hacks.

JC

Recently found a new fighter I don't see on any list, including that Japanese site that's got everything with pics and screens. It's called Ancient and Modern Heroes and has fighters like Bart Simpson, I think. Won't be able to provide details until I get it...soon. Kinda neat since I sometimes get bored since I know/have seen pretty much every unlicensed original ever made, other than those f*cking Chinese RPGs they released by the hundreds. :P

nintendodork

JOY MECHA FIGHT
Fighters: 8 but don't know the names 'cos the whole game is in japanese
Just wanted to correct this, there are 3 separate levels of difficulty, each with the same levels, just higher/lower difficulty.  You can unlock more than 8 fighters by beating the game on different difficulties.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

hellmasker

I found this odd game recently, the box says SF III but its for sure SF II. Anyone know anything about this game? Is it worth anything?  ???

some picture:

http://www.pixbox.se/pic_show_id27182404.html

Blue Protoman

Pirated.  Illegally made.  Some dudes ported SFII to the Famicom and called it Street Fighter III.  This game was not licensed by Nintendo or Capcom.
BP's Domain
Visit my site today!
http://bpsdomain.b1.jcink.com/

hellmasker

Ah ok, then i know, thanks for the reply  :)

Medisinyl

They aren't worth too much.  The box may add a little value though.

JC

Pirate fighters are worth about $15 each. The box makes it worth about $10-20 more. It really depends on how much value the buyer thinks it adds. SFIII is pretty common, but I've never seen it boxed.