Awesome Nekocon find!

Started by Yukima, November 08, 2010, 07:17:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Yukima

Hi! (after being away for a while)

I went to Nekocon this weekend and came back with something very, very nice: an AV Famicom!!

I bought it from someone in the dealer room who was selling a lot of import games.  The guy had a lot of stuff for sale, including loose and boxed Famicom games!  From what I remember, the Famicom games included Final Fantasy I + II and III, Mother, Sweet Home, Twinbee, and Samurai Pizza Cats.  The prices were more or less the same as on eBay, from what I know.  The AV Famicom was sitting in a faraway corner in the back, and needless to say, I nearly had a heart attack when I saw it.  Apparently it had been there for a day or two and hadn't sold yet, so I snapped it up quickly, along with a copy of Samurai Pizza Cats.  I would have gotten more, but my budget wouldn't allow it.  ::)

So now I finally have an AV Famicom!  I ended up paying about $140 for everything (system plus game) - which might have been a little high, but I'd probably end up paying that much anyway if I bought it through eBay or YHJ (shipping is murder...)  All in all I'm very happy.  So far I have two Famicom games - Samurai Pizza Cats and Lagrange Point.  I just tested Lagrange Point, and it sounds spectacular!

If anyone here has any extra Famicom games they don't want, let me know!  :D

NintendoKing

Awesome job finding an AV Famicom;
I also have one; exactly what a Famicom gamer could ask for.

If you had the extra cash I am sure Sweet Home would have been your other purchase :)

MS-DOS4

Sweet Home should have been your first purchase!  :-\

It's a really fun game.
>>>Current Collection<<< Updated 8/20/2014

-Click here for Photobucket Collection-