Famicom Metroid cartidge

Started by VGMStudios, November 12, 2010, 12:36:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

VGMStudios

Hi I am new to the board and was hoping I could get some information about the following.

I found this on YJA.
http://img357.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/users/4/4/2/3/touchnarak-img500x333-1289473085hzmxhn46063.jpg

I would like to know if it is a bootleg or a legit item.
I searched google and couldnt find anything about it.
Also is the price of $50 worth it? I am tempted to get it as it is a Metroid item. There is one day left in the auction so any help would be appreciated.

I am thinking its a bootleg but want to make sure my conclusion is correct.

VGM out...

nintendodork

Yes, this is a bootleg.  Looks too professional to be a regular pirate.  I would assume someone did this just to make a quick buck.  If you want to pay $50 for it, then go ahead, because even though it's a bootleg, you don't often see disk to cartridge ports.  I would kind of like to know if it's the disk version or the NES version ported to Famicom though.  Did the seller include any pictures in the auction?
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

VGMStudios

thanks for replying.
yup here they are:

http://img357.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/users/4/4/2/3/touchnarak-img500x333-1289473085v7z3ka46063.jpg

looks to be the Japanese version.

SO are you saying it would be worth to purchase this?

VGM out...

nensondubois

If you have a Famicom Disk System, you would be looking to spend about 20-26 bucks on Metroid. If you don't have the Disk system, then chances are, you'd have to shell out 50 or more for a unofficial cart port with no save or extra FDS sound capabilities.

Jedi Master Baiter

I'll buy it. :P

Big Metroid fan I am. :)

VGMStudios

Well I do have the Disk system versions. Both the original and the blue version.

I just wanted to know if this was a fake or not.

oh and Jedi, I am the biggest Metroid fan youll ever meet! :P
My collection is one of the biggest in NA! :D
Not bragging just letting you know.

VGM out...

Xious

Confirmed pirate... It looks like an FDS conversion, which is easy to do if you don't want to have the ability to save your game, or resume later. (It seems extremely unlikely that anybody would take the effort of attaching the FDS title screen to the NES ROM.) Somebody made a fancier label, which took little effort, as it's simply scanned images from the FDS manual and obi artwork cobbled together, with added text layers. Even the Nintendo logo is done poorly, if you notice, with a white backdrop around it.

In any event, there is no cartridge version of 'Metroid' for the FC.

satoshi_matrix

I'd want this, but I wonder what exactly it is. Expansion sound? Ability to save? Is it simple the NES Metroid in a Famicom shell?

Jedi Master Baiter

Quote from: VGMStudios on November 12, 2010, 03:37:38 pm
oh and Jedi, I am the biggest Metroid fan youll ever meet! :P

Sorry, but Ketsueki takes the cake: :P

http://blog.gamekult.com/blog/ketsueki/

VGMStudios

Naw sorry ket doesnt take that cake. I am all to well aware of this guy.
His collection is far smaller then mine! :D

VGM out...

Xious

Oh my... I thought you were Ketsueki... Sorry :/

I have some Metroid promo stuff on hold for him, and lots more as well... Once I get it in my catalogue, if you're interested in anything that isn't on hold, I'll send you a link.