April 28, 2024, 02:31:51 pm

Maikol

Started by UglyJoe, January 15, 2011, 06:28:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

UglyJoe

Feedback imported from the old Feedback thread.
Type: Negative

-1 for Maikol. Have him set on ignore so I don't have to deal with him anymore, but here's my side of the story. Keep in mind it's a wall of text, so there's a tl;dr at the bottom.

I found an auction on Mercado Libre, a Argentina auction site, for the cover to Tiny Toon Adventures 3  I spent like two months trying to get other people to buy it for me, to no avail. Somewhere within that time I put a $150 bounty thread on this forum for the game. He said he'd try to find it. It was then I asked him about the auction for the game's cover, since I knew he was in Argentina. He said he'd find time to get it someday since he's a bit away from the auction seller(it was a local pickup only auction). I specifically stated in a PM some time later that he better keep in mind I might find the game itself before he ever does, but I still want him to at least get me the box cover.

Now here we are. I finally found the game. It was only then that I find out, he went ahead and bought the auction for the cover without ever telling me. There were a couple of PMs previous where I brought the cover up again trying to see if he was even going to bother getting it anytime soon. No direct response, and now out of nowhere, he had it. But he refused to give it to me now.

Apparently, since I had a $150 bounty on the game, it's more worth it for him to now find the cartridge himself and sell it with the cover for its "high value." Is that fair to anyone, really? He never even asked me to pay for it, which I would have been willing to do, obviously. He lost a day driving out to another part of the city since the auction seller refused to send the cover, they insisted only on local pickup. That's why I spent awhile to no avail trying to find someone to buy the cover for me, and now that he does, well, he goes out there on his own accord without even asking me to pay for it, which now gives him more of a fair position to say it's his to do with it what he wants.

I totally understand that, but in the process he fucking just ripped me off. I spent all that trouble asking back and forth for help in getting the cover, only for someone to buy it themselves stating it's for me, only to then hold it practically ransom? That's not fair at all. I never in my right mind would have asked if I had known that this was going to happen. He lost a day driving out there, but that's not my problem. I was going to pay him for the trip out + the cover + extra, he never needed to do it if he didn't want to either.

Now anyone here just imagine finding an auction you want, and he goes ahead and buys it for you, only to then say once he gets it that he's not selling because he can sell it for a higher price elsewhere. Some help that is. Before I even knew he had the cover and all of this started, he also put up a selling thread on this forum for Dragon Ball Z Final Bout on Genesis. Keep in mind he didn't even own the game yet, it was an auction he found and he wanted to buy it to resell. I said I'd be interested, and we worked out a price, but I said I couldn't pay yet, so he better try to find someone else and I'll let him know if I can afford it sometime. Well, he went ahead and bought it anyways saying that it's a deal. I didn't mind all that much, since I thought he'll eventually be getting the Tiny Toon 3 cover anyways, so I might as well buy both together.

Now all of that in the paragraph above happened BEFORE someone found Tiny Toon 3 for me. I specifically had some games I was planning to sell set aside for when i found the game, so once I finally had the opportunity, I sold them all off here and elsewhere. I finally raised the money and paid for the game. I then was pretty hopeless as far as funds go, though I was already before selling those games off anyways, which is why I turned down Dragon Ball at first. But Maikol, perhaps being too nice, decides to buy it anyways etc..

So here we are. I've tried getting more funds to at least buy the Dragon Ball off of him, since I thought at least I could take the high road and hold true to MY word since he bought the game specifically for me. But sadly, I just can't raise the funds. Recently I finally have enough, but that exact sale has taken a wrong turn, since the buyer says the cartridge isn't working, so I gotta refund  :-\ I decided to tell Maikol this last night, and say he better forget the whole thing, since he's been holding Dragon Ball for me for over a month and I just can't get the funds anytime soon it appears. No use making him hold if forever.

THIS is now why I'm giving the negative feedback. I originally held back since I could see it all from his position since he bought the cover for me without asking me to pay, so it is technically his to do with what he wants. But today he messages me obviously upset, stating that I "did have the funds first for TT3 cart despite having dealt with me before with the Dragon Ball Z and made me buy it and reserve it for you for a long time (it's been more than a month). I will no longer hold stuff for you." This ticked me off. First of all, I never made ANYONE buy that game for me, you did it on your own accord even after I said I couldn't afford it, just like buying the TT3 cover without even having me pay first. That's your fault there, and I have ZERO obligation to you, considering you can't even hold up your end of the deal and give me that TT3 cover after I, one could say, "made you buy it", if you want to perfectly follow your logic  thus far(apparently making someone buy something means buying it yourself without payment first) ::) Speaking of what came first, the TT3 cover came first BEFORE Dragon Ball, in case you forgot that Maikol? And just like Dragon Ball Z, it was bought before I even paid. If I have an obligation to pay for Dragon Ball, why is it I have no obligation to pay for the TT3 cover? Oh that's right, because you decided you're going to be a cheap opportunist and instead of holding your end of the deal, keep it for yourself so you can take advantage of my one time desperation offer for Tiny Toon 3 and and sell it complete for that same price I was offering. A price I'd never pay again and was only because I was desperate. See how everything comes together like that? And yet my obligations only lie in what YOU want, not what I requested and you appeared to be generous enough to help with.

Well Maikol guess what, your generosity really screwed things up here and you're not being fair at all. And to dare message me with the least bit of anger, like I owe you something when you look at all the facts, is pretty offensive. And just to be clear to everyone, I played the asshole for a bit and actually had the funds the buy Dragon Ball a couple weeks ago. After finding out about the guy wanting a refund I decided if Maikol's gonna be unfair to me, I might as well make him wait a couple weeks longer just so he can see what it's like getting screwed for a bit. I'm SOO sorry about that, please forgive me for not being fair......  ::)

tl;dr It's funny how you think you can have it both ways. To sum up, I ask for the cover, you buy it a couple months later without even telling me or having me pay. Then I show interest in something else you put up, all the while you had the cover and never bothered saying anything. I say I can't afford this other thing, but you buy it even when I say I can't afford it and I'll hold out. Now that I finally found TT3, you decide you can keep the cover, the one thing I did specifically ask for, yet when it comes to Dragon Ball, the thing you bought even when I said I couldn't afford it, thenI I have an obligation, yet you can't bother keeping your side of the deal? No, you can't have it both ways. If I asked you for the cover, I have as much an obligation to pay for it as I do for Dragon Ball Z.

I hope people can bother reading this wall of text and see why I think this negative feedback is deserved. I feel screwed here and I have to settle for my friend who had that original picture of the TT3 box and cartridge to scan his and send me a reprinted cover. At the least, it's better than nothing. Doesn't help justify Maikol and his double standards in business though. Complete loss of trust, and for someone that quite clearly has such a long standing on this forum and doesn't appear to be all that bad a guy, I don't understand why I had to go through all of this. I'll just end this with a word of advice to you, Maikol.

HAVE PEOPLE PAY BEFORE YOU BUY STUFF FOR THEM.

Thank you.

UglyJoe

Type: Positive

8 Brazillian NES games  Thanks!

UglyJoe

Thanks alot for finding me an AV Girl Fighting!  Been looking for it for a long time.

UglyJoe

+2; great communication, fast shipping

UglyJoe

+1

UglyJoe

Awesome, as always !

UglyJoe

1 Kart Fighter, 1 Case

UglyJoe

Mega Rockman 2 arrived very fast, excellent packed and as described. Very satisfied, thanks!

UglyJoe

+1

Ryo

jpx72

Type: positie!

+1 for the pirate megadrive cartridge! And a free plastic box! (great shipping service also!)

Appleidog

March 05, 2011, 12:38:21 am #11 Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 06:34:23 pm by UglyJoe
Bought Kart Fighter off him, went as smooth as something really smooth, will defiantly deal with him in the future

:
Appleidog
:

Vash

Positive!

+ 1    Great Buyer!  (2 famicom games:  Wai Wai 2   and Dracula Kid  and famicom pirate: Code Name Viper )

crade

+1 for famicom game genie arrived today.  Thanks a bunch!
GRRR!

b1aCkDeA7h

+1

Famicom Game Genie worth every penny.