PSN shut down indefinitely following recent attack

Started by nintendodork, April 26, 2011, 07:17:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RegalSin

May 06, 2011, 05:11:35 am #15 Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 05:18:19 am by RegalSin
QuoteAnyone who has your IP address can determine your location to a point.

Don't you mean guess your location?

I understand with Celluar phones, but even in a wide open area, nobody can actually show where you are at that moment. Checkout DuckDuckgo.com a newer and selfproclaimed privater search engine.

About the gh hacker. What kind of person pays somebody with a car, and two more Ipad's to hack? Why did SONY let him off the hook. This sounds like some kind of plablicity stunt, that a PR manager cooked up. You don't just openly admit that somebody walked into the place, went threw a network containing users data, and then reset the place?

Like the flash loophole problem I keep hearing about.

nintendodork

Quote from: RegalSin on May 06, 2011, 05:11:35 am
Don't you mean guess your location?

QuoteAnyone who has your IP address can determine your location to a point.

Quote from: RegalSin on May 06, 2011, 05:11:35 am
This sounds like some kind of plablicity stunt, that a PR manager cooked up. You don't just openly admit that somebody walked into the place, went threw a network containing users data, and then reset the place?
You seriously think Sony's public relations department did this just to get publicity?  I'm sorry, but that's just outright silly.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

L___E___T

Yes, the term 'no PR is bad PR' is downright false.  Gary Glitter will tell you that...  Sony have already been served with a subpoena.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。