Minor thing for the forum

Started by petik1, May 15, 2011, 12:13:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

petik1

I've noticed on other forums that where it says "last post at XX:XX by XXX", it is a link which brings you to the last post. I thought it would be nice to have it here for convenience, instead of having to click on the last page of the thread, and scrolling down.

UglyJoe

You should see a icon now to the far right.  That'll take you to the last post in the thread.  It's part of the default theme, but didn't find its way into FW theme for some reason.

jpx72

COOL I was missing this little thing too!

Xious

Hmm... I'm not seeing that icon. it's not terribly important to me though.

What I would like to see is a 'Show Latest Replies to Your Posts' as a link on the top of the main page; BYOAC has that, and it's brilliant.  :bomb:

UglyJoe

July 08, 2011, 08:30:14 am #4 Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 08:37:05 am by UglyJoe
Are you looking at the right pages?  You should see them in the rightmost column here:
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?board=4.0

And this link will show you all of the threads that you've posted in that have unread posts (I don't think we link to it anywhere in this theme):
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?action=unreadreplies

petik1

Another thing I was thinking of. There is no way (I've seen) to tell if a member had been banned. Could it be done?

nintendodork

I don't think regular members really need that information.  Just be happy they're gone. :)
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

petik1

Gotcha, just a thing I see on other forums. It might be helpful in case someone is trying to get in contact with a banned member, without realizing they're banned.

UglyJoe

September 06, 2011, 08:21:42 am #8 Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 08:16:06 pm by UglyJoe
Quote from: petik1 on September 04, 2011, 03:59:42 pm
It might be helpful in case someone is trying to get in contact with a banned member, without realizing they're banned.

Hmm...that is a valid use-case.  I'll look into it.

Post Merge: September 06, 2011, 08:16:06 pm

You should be able to see if a user is banned now.

Russam5354

あなたはイースターエッグを発見!
I mainly collect Gamecube (GCN) items. I collect other items too, but I'm focusing on my GCN collection currently.

UglyJoe

If someone gets banned, we don't usually unban them (unless it was a temporary ban).