c0op3r

I am now down to 5 games:

I am a Teacher: Teami no Kiso Royal Kougyou ROY-ITK

I am a Teacher: Super Mario no Sweater Royal Kougyou ROY-ISM

Silviana Pack-In-Video PAC-SIL

Tarot Scorpion Soft SCO-TAR

Gold Nintendo Gold Japan Coarse(s)

c0op3r

Down to 3 games Anyone have any of these for sale?  BOXED?

portnoyd

Oh damn. You're not getting away without the story of how you got both Teacher games. Details plz.

Sho

Quote from: portnoyd on October 25, 2020, 10:44:20 amOh damn. You're not getting away without the story of how you got both Teacher games. Details plz.

Also interested.  I had a friend of mine buy a lot which had both teacher games, but they were both loose and definitely not boxed, or complete, lol.

c0op3r

Quote from: portnoyd on October 25, 2020, 10:44:20 amOh damn. You're not getting away without the story of how you got both Teacher games. Details plz.

So the short answer here is MONEY.  The two 'games' have been on Yahoo Japan for about 6 months from the same seller for 150000¥.  I had been eyeballing them but was having issue with spending 1640$US (after the Bidder Fees) - I finally decided to just bite the bullet and get them.

Like my friend Terry said - no telling when they will show up again.

There is also a Prize Gold disk Golf Japan Course on Yahoo auctions, but the bidding proxy I use will not let me bid as they do not support the guys lower feedback.

Quote from: tombo72 on October 25, 2020, 10:59:50 amHow does the community generally feel about reproduction labels? I bought a really huge lot that included a ton of  loose FDS disks that are almost all rewritten (it seems). I don't think the person even checked them all. Of the 5 or so I have tried already, one was Bio Miracle and another was Doki Doki panic and both work all the way. One disk was without labels the other had an Exciting baseball label. I made my own label stickers for the disks and it is good enough for me. I carefully peeled off the baseball label and will save it if anyone else ever needs it. Just curious what others think about it.

To me repro's are ok as long as you are not trying to sell them as the original to someone.  These 2 titles as an example they are stupid expensive for something that I will never actually use, I could totally see reproductions of these in a collect, so that you can show people the oddities that existed.

Re-writing FDS games is ease it can be done with an FDSstick or a QDC board and Write enabled drive.  When I was working on my English translated game set I bought disk with the correct labels and the wrong games written to them on purpose (1st they were cheap and 2nd I was going to re-write them anyway).

These games/disk were made to be written to and re-written, so reproduction labels for your collection to me are if you are ok with it, then I am ok with it.

Quote from: Sho on October 25, 2020, 01:45:59 pmAlso interested.  I had a friend of mine buy a lot which had both teacher games, but they were both loose and definitely not boxed, or complete, lol.

Yes I have seen the Teacher games on unlabeled disk a few times, but I am trying to build a collection of Boxed, Complete games (where they existed) and Disk Writer games with the instruction sheets.  I have a few exceptions,
All Night Nippon I only have original Disk w/ original label and original sleeve, no instruction book.

c0op3r

October 25, 2020, 03:46:11 pm #35 Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 06:00:18 pm by c0op3r Reason: List updated
I guess at this point I should list the Disk Writer Instruction Sheets I am looking for as my Boxed Disk Collection is nearing completion.

I need the following sheets:

Eggerland: Souzouhe no Tabidachi
Super Lode Runner II
Pachicom
Clu Clu Land
Pinball
Xevious
Donkey Kong Jr.
Galaxian
Pac-Man
Tanigawa Kouji no Shogi Shinan II (the Yellow Disk Writer sheet)

Ones I have got since this post:

Galaga

portnoyd

Goddamn, I saw that set of Teachers but you're right - good luck finding them both together, complete. I wish you could have talked the seller down, but talking is hard with a proxy and a language barrier.

People talk about "rare" games that are on eBay any day of the week; they know nothing when these games are out there. It's a shame that they won't get the attention something like Rule of Rose for the PS2 would get (which is uncommon at best but gets what you paid for 1 Teacher).

Good luck with the rest, the prize cards are more of a finding the right price than finding them at all. The other two are doable with patience. Definitely give us some complete set pics once it's all done.

Sho

Yeah I saw that Teacher's set as well.  I'll be patient as well, but man I wanna have this collection done by this time next year haha.  Next year I'll also get started having everything boxed complete.  That set looks fun to do.  And yeah drop pictures here when done!

c0op3r

Down to just the 2 now:

Silviana Pack-In-Video PAC-SIL
Tarot Scorpion Soft SCO-TAR

A gold Diskun Japan golf gift disk popped up on ebay. SO I grabbed it.

Now I will just keep watching eBay and Yahoo Auctions Japan.

Sho

That grind is almost done my man!  Go Go!  I feel like mine is just getting started. XD

c0op3r

I am one big step closer today - I got a white Prototype Disk from an eBay seller that has 17 of them:

White Prototype disk

portnoyd

Quote from: c0op3r on April 30, 2021, 07:28:55 amI am one big step closer today - I got a white Prototype Disk from an eBay seller that has 17 of them:

White Prototype disk

NICE. Btw, that seller is DreamTR of NES scene/collecting fame. He has all kinds of crap like that... and it's no surprise that he has no interest in testing these to see what's on them. That's always how he's rolled.

Let us know what's on it... if I just didn't buy a copy of Recca, I'd take one for myself. I have to imagine some "preservationist" is going to buy the rest of these in one shot.

c0op3r

From what I have read it seems that the disk were dumped when it was still a group of 19.  I will look at whats on mine, but doubt I will know what I am looking at.

I did message him to see if he had a Pink Test disk, but he said he had never heard of that and did not have one.