Sonic 4 vs Sonic Generations

Started by FamicomRetroGamer, June 10, 2011, 05:09:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

FamicomRetroGamer

Easily enough Sonic Generations wins, Sonic 4 was pure garbage.

Sonic 4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqxvYkutHNM&NR=1

Sonic Generations - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wuj-6T_ymqg

I can't wait for the release date of SG, it looks so frickin awesome! ;D

Thank you Sega for Sonic Generations. :)

petik1

Awesome! Wait, whatever happened to Episode 2?

FamicomRetroGamer

June 10, 2011, 06:38:28 pm #2 Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 02:15:28 pm by FamicomRetroGamer
Quote from: RegalSin on June 10, 2011, 06:30:15 pm
Both games are gimmicky, piles of  :pow:

Sonic 4 as told by my cousin and my freind from kindergarten. The last boss was basically Sonic 2 boss but they added a laser.  Also personally I love the way they divided the release. However honestly they just rehashed the past. Sonic 4 plays like SNK sonic. ;D

Sonic Generations ( whatever ) is one big gimmick. They put you into a 3d world and they should give you options. Take for example, you can see the big robot fish, that chases you like the killer whale, or the repeative usage of the handbar rails from Sonic Adventure 2. :pacman: :mspacman:

QUESTION FOR SONIC FANS: Why are their a bunch of springs, obsticles, and such all over the sonic, world :question: Why do they repeat :question:  The game abuses this fact, and ignores it. If you look at the original Sonic games, you can see this fact. :blinky:

Sonic generations idea sucks, since Sonic no matter which version of himself is the same. This idea is dumb, and destroys itself. Like how Sora grewed up, but in reality they just made Sora have small clothing, or how they gave Link baggy pants and made him get married to a demon princess............which is dumb, since we all know tights holds mens body together as with womens
bras. :question:

Cute but dumb in a Disney way. Like with Steamboat Mickey, in Mickey Mania.
That worked because Disney is a cartoon character, and cartoons are drawn to make a point. Sonic is a videogame character, and how he looks reflects the makers choice. Not like a cartoon :mario:

In teather it is called the illusion of disbelief. Meaning as a viewer you get wrapped up into it, sooo much that you consider it to be real as you, not a cartoon.

That is what I think :yoshi:

I hate to say this but calm down and stop hating, RegalSin, Sonic Generations is the game we (Sonic Fans) have been waiting for.

It allows to play with the Classic Sonic and Modern Sonic, so it's optional.

Thrilled to see that Sega actually read the fans comments from YouTube and whatnot, and actually made a superb Sonic game. Kudos to Sega!

You do seem to be a hater not only of Sonic.

jpx72

I am looking for every single Sonic official or fan game, and a return to the game's roots is what I'm really thrilled for! I have been a little disapointed over Sonic4 but I hope Sega will make Generations really worth it!

Of course I will get it for 3DS!

FamicomRetroGamer

Quote from: jpx72 on June 11, 2011, 06:57:44 am
I am looking for every single Sonic official or fan game, and a return to the game's roots is what I'm really thrilled for! I have been a little disapointed over Sonic4 but I hope Sega will make Generations really worth it!

I guess you're probably better off with the 3DS than PS3 or X360, due to this > http://www.3dsbuzz.com/almost-all-sonic-generations-3ds-zones-exclusive-to-the-system/

It's a really bad move for Sega to make content exclusive for only one system, it should be for all because, this is the 20th Anniversary of Sonic.

Regardless of more or less content, I'm happy playing any day the original Sonic the Hedgehog on Sega Mega Drive, it brings such nice memories.

By the way, I'm getting for my Xbox 360. :) The price should be somewhere between £20-£30, not giving more than these two values because it'll eventually drop down.

Classic Sonic > Modern Sonic

Now that I've said modern... Modern Warfare 3, came to mind. :P To be honest, I've only played demos of the CoD series, haven't actually bought the games.

L___E___T

I played Generations on PS3 at E3 and was pleasantly surprised.  It was early code, so there was lag and glitches but I can say it truly did feel like classic Sonic.

The guy before me played 3D, which looked like DC Sonic Adventure, but I would only play it in classic.  One thing I did notice, was that there are plenty of bad design elements in the game - shitty level design sections, some 'unfair' sections here and there etc.  If anything, this is what I think will make or break the game.

New sonic games have these flaws throughout.  Sonic 4 is pretty much made of them, Sonic Colours has enough to be a half-great game only.

Now, I saw a few in this early code - and that concerns me.  Sonic 3 and Knuckles didn't really have any of these in my opinion, certainly not in the first level.  If they can polish those up, this will be applauded as a great game.

I'm just not sold yet, there's old-school hype on every new sonic release and they've not exactly gotten close these last 10 years.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

RegalSin

QuoteI am looking for every single Sonic official or fan game, and a return to the game's roots is what I'm really thrilled for! I have been a little disapointed over Sonic4 but I hope Sega will make Generations really worth it!

Go to Sentient, they have umber Sonic fans, and even people releasing their own Sonic games there. You can also find release on the one Sonic game that was canned and was made by Westerners stand alone. I was banned from there since the sites owners is a feminist who of course has something agianst men for the obvious reasons..................apparently this person was part of the creation of Sally as well.

ericj

June 12, 2011, 11:52:14 am #7 Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 12:01:55 pm by ericj
Quote from: RegalSin on June 12, 2011, 11:47:35 am
I was banned from there since the sites owners is a feminist who of course has something agianst men for the obvious reasons..................apparently this person was part of the creation of Sally as well.

You've gotta be joking. If you wrote as much nonsense on there as you do on here, they had good reason to ban you.

FamicomRetroGamer

The highly anticipated demo of Sonic Generations is going to be available tomorrow for PS3 European users to download.

I don't know about the US, maybe you guys will get the same treatment.

Can't wait for tomorrow! ;D

MarioMania

I mghi download the demo on the PS3, if they have it in the US

FamicomRetroGamer

June 23, 2011, 04:38:52 am #10 Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 07:41:31 am by FamicomRetroGamer
So, in order to download it I have to upgrade to another useless firmware, great.. not!

I just hope Sonic Generations demo is really there.

The update is going to take several mins now.

Edit... Excuse my language but FUCK YEAH IT'S THERE! Downloading it now! :D

Video of my gameplay (with one hand, the other's holding the camera phone) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcxR5cQaKzc

son_ov_hades

The demo gives me a lot of hope for the game, I'll be buying for sure.

FamicomFreak

Hmm that does sound interesting....I hope for the best in this new Sonic game. He needs a break people!
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

L___E___T

No, he need a good studio to take over the franchise.  Give it to DIMPS fully and let them work their magic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimps
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

FamicomFreak

or better yet give him to Atlus and let Sonic take a totally different twist! HAR AHRA HRA
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com