Do you think it is crazy to get a nes (or other system) game character tattoo?

Started by tonev, June 14, 2011, 02:23:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MWK

Quote from: manuel on June 14, 2011, 08:22:46 pm
If you don't regret getting it after a few years, I say it's not crazy.
If you wake up one day and say WTF did I think when I got this tattoo, then you know it was a bad and crazy idea.

Totally agree with you Manuel.
I feel it exactly the same way as you do.

That's why if I ever decide to make myself a tattoo - it would be Atari related since I was like almost born with 65XE system and I'm attached till this very day :-)

FamicomRetroGamer

Quote from: linkzpikachu on June 14, 2011, 04:57:29 pm
i dont think its exactly crazy. its just showing support for your generation

I'd have a million tatoos of Dragon Ball all over my body if that were true. I support Dragon Ball by buying the series (Dragon Boxes Z from FUNi and DB Kai BD's)  and video games.

People do this sort of stuff because they like it.

Not crazy but odd.

Awaiting the highly anticipated Dragon Box the Films, Dragon Box Dragon Ball, Dragon Boxes TV Specials and Dragon Box GT. These will be the true definitive sets for the true hardcore Dragon Ball fans, such as I.

nintendodork

Quote from: FamicomRetroGamer on June 15, 2011, 11:59:52 am
Quote from: linkzpikachu on June 14, 2011, 04:57:29 pm
i dont think its exactly crazy. its just showing support for your generation

I'd have a million tatoos of Dragon Ball all over my body if that were true. I support Dragon Ball by buying the series (Dragon Boxes Z from FUNi and DB Kai BD's)  and video games.
He didn't mean it was the only way.  He just said it was a way to do so, not that it was something you had to do in order to show support.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

tonev

But people think this is stupid to get a tattoo of a game character because it will be on your skin forever and after some time this game will be forgotten.. but i think no it wont be forgotten because people like my gf will remember kirby and all the retro games she likes ;)
I am back everyone :)

son_ov_hades

linkzpikachu

FUCK YEAH SEAKING!

Kiddo

If your not sure about getting one, you could have the tattoo artist put it on you with a herbal ink that dissipates after around 5 years time. If you still like the tattoo by then, then you can have the artist redo it with real ink.

Xious

I personally think its crazy to get any tattoo, but I'd prefer a gal with Kirby or Link or Yar over a one with a grotesque butterfly, a sailor's heart with an arrow or some other bloke's name.  :bomb:
:

Post Merge: June 24, 2011, 11:55:23 am

Does bashing a wall in with my cranium while drinking whiskey, popping Xanax and speaking in tongues count? :bomb:

shoggoth80

Crazy? No.
I will say that if this is your first idea for a tattoo... they can be addictive.
I have thought many, many times about getting an Atari logo, various Atari and NES character tattooed on me before. Still might should time and money allow.
I WILL say to think about it a bit. I have some tats that I kinda wish I didn't get, but they are all concealable... which is somewhat important still, unfortunately.

Macdaddy_93

FamicomFreak

Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

MaxXimus

nensondubois

Crazy? No. Tattooing a videogame character or article onto myself it is something I would never consider. Go for it if you feel that's how you want to represent yourself to the world.

boye

It's your body. Do what you want with it, as long as it isn't drugs.

Quote from: MaxXimus on June 15, 2019, 03:24:58 pm
First tattoo.

I like it lol.

Is that a temporary tattoo?
Can't find the FDSLoadr PC program? Get it here. It took me way too long to find.