Do you think it is crazy to get a nes (or other system) game character tattoo?

Started by tonev, June 14, 2011, 02:23:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MaxXimus

Nope haha. I want to get my kids names and some other stuff on me, but didn't know if I could handle it as I'm phobic of needles and such. I got that tattoo as a test mostly, and a fire flower seemed neat. I am planning on adding more and sort of making a comic strip style sleeve if I can.

Protoman

I don't think I could ever get a tattoo because they're both expensive and permanent, not to mention painful. But in theory I would like to have one, maybe of
Protoman, Mario or Toon Link or something.

MaxXimus

That was what I feared as well. It does hurt, but it's completely manageable. It is nothing like a needle. It feels like they are using a cats claw to scratch something on to you.

P

I bet you can shoot fireballs with that arm now! :)

Personally I'd probably never get a tatoo. Being permanent, and being on my body are the two main problems I have with them. Also in Japan tatoos are not very practical and are still mostly used by criminals and yakuza. Not being able to go to onsen or certain hotels would be very inconvenient for me. If I'd ever get one it would have to be small enough that it can be easily hidden and on a part of the body not visible when wearing a short sleeved shirt or shorts.

MaxXimus

It's not exactly game related, but I have an appointment to get something like this lego man tattood on my right forearm in a couple weeks.

Yelir

Quote from: MaxXimus on October 31, 2019, 10:07:08 am
It's not exactly game related, but I have an appointment to get something like this lego man tattood on my right forearm in a couple weeks.

How similar to this design is your idea? I could see myself getting the LEGO shark or ghosts that glow in the dark. I still have no work done, but have many ideas I've given lots of consideration.  :upsetroll:

MaxXimus

Im going to get that design outlined right now, and do some shading and background and such at a later date.

Post Merge: November 04, 2019, 05:58:18 am

I asked the artist if i could have a Batman figurine instead. Something like this but without shading.

I'll update on the 8th, when i get it done!!!

MaxXimus

Jedi Master Baiter

MaxXimus

I think I want it colored and shaded in the blue and grey style bat suit. Thoughts?

MaxXimus

And I just got a spur of the moment 1-up mushroom tattoo above my fire flower.  :star:

Post Merge: November 24, 2019, 07:21:35 am