Hudson Rack Review

Started by kite200, February 10, 2007, 09:12:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

kite200

so, thanks to Kris, I got my hands on a hudson rack. Basically, its the most utterly useless yet most incredibly awesome item to have. The rack holds your famicom and famicom disk system together in a neat package, un tangles wires and ensures that your famicom will not fall off.

Here is my review of a CIB hudson rack:

Design:

5/5

The hudson rack has a few pieces, the front, the back, and two side bars. You slide the disk system and famicom into the pieces and connect the side bars to compete the setup. There's also some rubber feet that come with it that I am waiting for kris to figure out what they're for.

Function:

4/5

Sadly, I can only give the hudson rack a 4/5 here. While the hudson rack does keep the wires clutter free, its somewhat a pointless acessory, and is more for the looks and collectors value. It does definately do as advertised, which is hold the famicom and fds together without the worry of the famicom falling off.

The box:

5/5

The hudson rack comes in a stylish box with the hudson rack featured on it, and a label that says it has a cheap price of 1,500 yen (note: not what I paid for it hahahha).  Its cool looking and is a nice item to add to your collection

The bottom line:
5/5
While this item can be hard to find, and cost me 50 dollars to get, it was definately worth the money and i'm sure it would be to you too, as long as you are a famicom collector, or a really hyperactive kid who knocks the famicom off the disk system all the time!

Special thanks goes to hudson group (now hudson soft) for designing such an awesome collectors item/accesory
ステキ

chimyfolkbutter

Nice review.  From what I understand, kids used to tote their systems around to their friends house hence the design of the rack.

-CFB

JC

If you don't mind, I'll add that to the site. :) I think we've got a little piece about the rack up on there somewhere.

Doc

Quote from: JC on February 11, 2007, 10:41:47 am
If you don't mind, I'll add that to the site. :) I think we've got a little piece about the rack up on there somewhere.

http://www.famicomworld.com/Doodads/Famicom_System_Rack.htm

I specifically wrote it. That'd be cool, a little "Second opinion" section on stuff that people have an opinion on. :)

kite200

Yeah add it to the site, thats fine with me haha.
ステキ

Switchstance

Man, I figured out I'm totally lost in a lot of things, this is totally new for me :S , this is so excellent. Now I want one.
Famicom lover