March 28, 2024, 01:22:59 am

last beer you drink???

Started by hagai, July 03, 2011, 05:56:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

fcgamer

Quote from: MaxXimus on May 21, 2014, 02:05:31 pm
Fcgamer. I hate trying new beer as im usually disappointed.

I just bought at 15 pack of molsen Canadian.  They have these new vented tops so you can drink them fast.

I love trying different beers, and one of my hobbies when vacationing is checking out the local breweries around.  With the Asian side of things, most of the mass produced beers suck, but I have still tried most of the ones I could find here, from Thailand, Laos, Korea, Taiwan, China, Japan, etc -- this is my attempt to see if I can find which beers offer the best flavor, for the cheapest price.  Even among the crappy beers, some rate higher than others imo. 

Over the weekend I was actually at a beer festival, and most of the beers were brought in from breweries around Asia; however, this was a craft beer convention and most of the samples I had were of an excellent quality.  I wish the macrobreweries could produce beers of such a high quality. 

Also, I am not really a big fan of Molsen.  I only had it once or twice, but that was enough for me.
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

MWK

I'm also after trying new beers 8)

Spoiler
:crazy:
[close]

smeghead

it's a Radler (fruit beer) - this one is with lime, coriander and myrtle

fcgamer

Oh I know Karlovach, and I know radler-style beer.  The radler I know is from Germany though, mixed with orange or sprite.  Considered a bicyclists's beer, since there was less alcohol.  I'd like to try that one Smeg, but I don't think I'll ever find it for sale around these parts.

A few nights ago I had drank a few shots of some Taiwanese Lychee Vodka.  It is quite nice, imo.  I still have about half a bottle left, but I won't be able to touch it until next weekend, I think.  Yesterday I felt really sick, went to doctor, was put on medicine.  So no drinking alcohol for this boy until the medicine is out of my system!  Sucks too, since this was a three-day holiday, and the weather is nice, so why did I have to get sick now?   :(

security16

Last night I shared almost an entire bottle of southern comfort with a friend.

fcgamer

Quote from: security16 on June 02, 2014, 03:51:22 am
Last night I shared almost an entire bottle of southern comfort with a friend.

Now that's one of those drinks that brings bad memories to me, hehe.

Kiddo

Currently drinking this:

So good  :D

fcgamer

Quote from: Kiddo on June 24, 2014, 03:59:15 pm
Currently drinking this:

So good  :D

IPA...is that one made in Iceland or where?  That looks really good...I haven't had a good IPA in about a year or two, so hard to find in Taiwan.

Last beer I had was Bit Burger, a lager from Germany.  They started carrying it here in Taiwan for the summer, and this brew really brings back memories, as I had drank it a lot on tap when living in Germany.  Now I don't really drink lager anymore (prefer more flavorful, stronger beers), but this really hit the spot after running, and was good for memories too.  Gotta stock up on these once I get paid.  ;)

Kiddo

Quote from: fcgamer on June 25, 2014, 10:51:58 am
IPA...is that one made in Iceland or where?  That looks really good...I haven't had a good IPA in about a year or two, so hard to find in Taiwan.

Last beer I had was Bit Burger, a lager from Germany.  They started carrying it here in Taiwan for the summer, and this brew really brings back memories, as I had drank it a lot on tap when living in Germany.  Now I don't really drink lager anymore (prefer more flavorful, stronger beers), but this really hit the spot after running, and was good for memories too.  Gotta stock up on these once I get paid.  ;)

Yeah it's made in Iceland. Won an award for the best European IPA in 2012 if I recall correctly  :D
Bit Burger is a great lager. They have it from time to time in the shops here.

security16

I don't usually drink and I don't do beer either but i've found that Swedish cider is the shiz!

P

Personally I'm sticking to beer but cider is very popular among girls in Sweden.

fcgamer

Quote from: P on June 28, 2014, 11:47:32 am
Personally I'm sticking to beer but cider is very popular among girls in Sweden.

I actually can easily get a few ciders from Sweden here in Taiwan.  I love apple cider in particular, as I come from an apple region in the USA.  However, some of the Swedish ciders have been getting a bit too sweet for me as of late...good when I first drank them, but too sweet now.  I hope this change doesn't mark some internal body changes as well.

P

Swedish food and drinks are generally sweeter than in more southern countries. Many foreigners thinks Swedish candy is too sweet anyway. I think it has to do with the fact that it's a northern country (more energy is needed when it's cold). However my friends from Iraq eats some really really sweet pastry that's too sweet for me.

fcgamer

June 30, 2014, 08:28:26 am #163 Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 10:54:02 am by fcgamer
Quote from: P on June 29, 2014, 02:59:02 am
Swedish food and drinks are generally sweeter than in more southern countries. Many foreigners thinks Swedish candy is too sweet anyway. I think it has to do with the fact that it's a northern country (more energy is needed when it's cold). However my friends from Iraq eats some really really sweet pastry that's too sweet for me.

That's quite interesting.  I've always liked sweet things, but the last time I had one of the Swedish ciders, it tasted almost syrupy.  And that just made me feel like I was going to get diabetes or something, so I stopped drinking it.  I forget the brand though. 

Post Merge: July 01, 2014, 10:54:02 am

I drank a pear cider tonight from the UK, not really my favorite though.  Also had a South African lager and a kellerbier from Germany, once again forget the names.  The Kellerbier was by far the best, but the other two I could take or leave.

security16

I'm not much of a fan of bitter drinks so nice sweet ciders work for me :P