March 28, 2024, 02:10:26 am

last beer you drink???

Started by hagai, July 03, 2011, 05:56:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

fcgamer

I haven't ever tried the beer you drank, but I generally like strong beers.  I've found a few at about 15% alcohol, but that is incredibly strong for a beer; after about 11 or 12%, you really need to manipulate it to make beer.

I don't really like Budweiser, at least not the American version.

I had a large Heineken can after my run tonight.  I got off of work and got home around 10 pm, then went for a run, so I needed something to relax.  As a whole though, I have been drinking a lot less beer since my mom has been visiting me.  Tomorrow I *might* stop at the import shop on the way home from running errands, to see what sort of interesting beers they have.  It all depends how lazy I feel. 

Quote from: MaxXimus on January 15, 2015, 05:01:36 pm
Quote from: P on July 10, 2014, 02:32:25 pm
Quote from: fcgamer on July 10, 2014, 11:02:49 am
I just ran out and came back, and am drinking a Bear Beer Strong Lager, which taps in at 7.7% alcohol.  

7% something beer is quite common in Sweden too. I don't like it though as it tastes mostly alcohol (of course after a number of beers it doesn't matter anymore).

Faxe Royal. 8% beer. 500ml for $3.25. A very mild tasting STRONG beer.

This was after 5 cans of Budweiser 355ml. Needless to say I am a little buzzed.
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

MaxXimus

I've never tried American Budweiser but the Canadian variety is awesome. Very mild and refreshing.

fcgamer

Quote from: MaxXimus on January 16, 2015, 12:27:45 pm
I've never tried American Budweiser but the Canadian variety is awesome. Very mild and refreshing.

Is the Canadian Budweiser the one from the Czech Republic?  If so, you are drinking the original Budweiser beer.  :)

I am finishing up an Extra Strong 12% beer by Harboe, a Danish company, before heading to bed.  The beer is mediocre at best, but I wanted to relax with a nice buzz and some warmth before drifting off to sleep tonight in my cold apartment.  I have made a conscious effort to cut back on my drinking dramatically over the past few weeks (though I started to make a 12 liter batch of apple wine...go figure), but over the weekend I just can't resist the urge to drink a few and relax, clear my mind and also open my artistic side.

MaxXimus

January 17, 2015, 11:30:39 am #183 Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 06:46:55 pm by MaxXimus
I never knew the Czech had a Budweiser. Is it any good? I just looked it up and our Budweiser is different. They do however sell it in Canada as Czechvar so I will have to try that some time.

Post Merge: January 17, 2015, 02:02:33 pm

Alright. I bought a bottle of this. It is a green 500ml bottle with Czechvar Original B. I assume that stands got Budweiser. It is 5% ABV. I'm just cooling it off right now. Pretty excited to try. What should I expect?

Post Merge: January 17, 2015, 06:46:55 pm

It's not bad at all. It tastes nothing like Canadian Budweiser though. It has a very sharp kind of citrusy bite to it.

fcgamer

Quote from: MaxXimus on January 17, 2015, 11:30:39 am
I never knew the Czech had a Budweiser. Is it any good? I just looked it up and our Budweiser is different. They do however sell it in Canada as Czechvar so I will have to try that some time.

Post Merge: January 17, 2015, 02:02:33 pm

Alright. I bought a bottle of this. It is a green 500ml bottle with Czechvar Original B. I assume that stands got Budweiser. It is 5% ABV. I'm just cooling it off right now. Pretty excited to try. What should I expect?

Post Merge: January 17, 2015, 06:46:55 pm

It's not bad at all. It tastes nothing like Canadian Budweiser though. It has a very sharp kind of citrusy bite to it.

Yeah I don't think Czechvar is bad...it is the original Budweiser, and IMO should be the only Budweiser (basically the American company copied the name back during the 1800s, but back then American Budweiser actually tasted fairly good...i.e. like a German / European lager.  Only after prohibition did it (and a lot of the other German-American breweries, i.e. Busch, Pabst, etc) begin watered-down and start to taste like swill.  I had read a very interesting book on the history of beer in America, and I would have loved to be able to taste some of the macrobrewery beers when produced by the (mostly) German founders during the 1800s.

Right now I am sipping on some fermented apple beverage before heading to bed.  The beverage I made / am making myself, and is currently somewhat comparable to Germany's Apfelwein / ebbolwoi, though I hope to make It more into a cider before I am finished.

fcgamer

Let's bump this bad boy to the top.  Last beer I drank was a Taiwan Gold Medal beer...not really my favorite, to be honest, but in the rural areas it is hard to find decent beer locally.  :(

Last week my girlfriend decided to come and stay the night, and since I didn't have to go into work until late on Friday, we decided to get a bottle of lychee vodka and have a fun night.  Things started out fine, we took a few shots, mixed some drinks, and also ate some nice snacks that I had purchased for us earlier.  We dimmed the lights, put on some club music, and it was looking to be a nice night.

A few hours later though, we nearly finished the bottle of vodka.  Then things took a turn for the worse.  I don't remember exactly what happened, but I do remember lying on the floor and playing with my cat's one cat toy, batting it around.  A little while later my girlfriend had told me that she peed on the tile floor a bit, before heading to the bathroom.   :upsetroll:  Then I miraculously ended up making instant noodles without burning the apartment down, befor calling it a night and heading to bed.  Damn I am still recovering from that night, that is how I know I am getting old.

meilleuir

My last beer was a Chang Beer in Thailand .

Not the worst one but coming from northern France far from what I could get in Belgium .

MaxXimus

I have been cutting back even more lately. I am down to 2 beers per sitting and for the first time in my life, I actually don't feel like drinking all the time. I think I'm actually ready to stop getting wasted altogether and just have a few beers every once in a while.

What ever the case, the last beer I had was Czechvar. The taste is really starting to grow on me. It's nice to slowly slip one over an hour or two.

P

Yeah that's the way to go. A few beers and some good friends is all I need. No hard drinks or anything that gives you nasty hangovers and stuff. Last beer was Norrlands Guld (standard draft beer).

fcgamer

Quote from: MaxXimus on March 12, 2015, 07:26:03 am
I have been cutting back even more lately. I am down to 2 beers per sitting and for the first time in my life, I actually don't feel like drinking all the time. I think I'm actually ready to stop getting wasted altogether and just have a few beers every once in a while.

What ever the case, the last beer I had was Czechvar. The taste is really starting to grow on me. It's nice to slowly slip one over an hour or two.

I've found that the more active I am, the less I drink.  On the nights that I go running, I usually don't drink at all, and if I do have a beer or two, it is never to the point of getting drunk or wasted.

The night I drank all the vodka with my girlfriend, the night before I had ran 15 k or so.  Talk about going from one health extreme to the next.

I recently got a bike and although I don't feel 100% comfortable riding it yet (I haven't rode a bike in 10 years or so, and never in a city environment), I took it out for a test run today, and hope that after my half marathon on Sunday, that the next week there will be some nice weather where I can plan some nice bike rides in the more rural areas.  Once again, won't be drinking when doing that stuff, and probably won't have the desire to either.

P

Yeah they say that addiction comes easily when you are under-stimulated and the best cure against it is to keep yourself occupied by various things. When there is not much interesting things to do it's easier to fall back to drinking again.

manuel

Kirin Nodogoshi Nama

Not technically a beer, but it gets the job done.
I kinda miss German beer...

famiac

Is it not possible to import german beer? I'm curious what you have to recommend. I'll be spending july in germany with my girlfriend, and the drinking age is wonderfully low there

manuel

Of course importing would be possible, but I'm kind of on a budget.
Buying German beer where I live would just be much too expensive. Sometimes maybe a bottle or two, but basically I'm stuck with Japanese stuff.

famiac

Gotcha. What are your favorite german beers?