B/S/T Board for non-FC Items

Started by Xious, August 11, 2011, 07:36:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Xious

The Famicom B/S/T board is starting to be overrun by MD and other system items... It would be nice to confine non-Famicom marketplace items to their own, discrete board... No rush: Just a suggestion... :bomb:

tonev

I am back everyone :)

UglyJoe

Where would threads offering both FC and non-FC items go?

L___E___T

I would suggest the OTHER GAMING thread, with a sticky at the top, while also making the FINDS a sticky there.  Is that easy enough?
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

tonev

Quote from: UglyJoe on October 12, 2011, 07:31:20 am
Where would threads offering both FC and non-FC items go?

Well there won't be treads that do both... it will be a rule like most forums with B/S/T sections have rules about real pictures etc.
The forum iscalled FAMICOM world not SEGA PS ATARI PC etc WORLD

Xious

Well, it's mostly to reduce the clutter, but not mandatory. I don't have a problem with SFC items, and even classic GB-related items in the B/S/T boards, but seeing X-Box and GC discs ad the like that really don't belong there gets tiresome.

I'm not terribly worried either way.  :bomb:

P.S. There are always child-boards, which are a basic feature of SMF. You could add a child-board for Non-Famicom Items and another for Clone Hardware, for example, which are visible from the B/S/T area.

UglyJoe

Well, what do the sellers think?  Would it be a nuisance to have to split your FS/FT threads into multiple threads across multiple boards?

tonev

yes that way it will be easy to find famicom and non famicom stuff :) for example you are looking for some NES games just look at the subforum...

jpx72

January 03, 2012, 10:49:39 pm #8 Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 04:22:11 am by jpx72
So what? "Famicom" and "Non Famicom" subforum only? And what about NES games? Confusingly in the non-famicom section? Or add more subforums?  :'(

What about making a special message icon with the specific selling artifact? Like a small cartridge/controller or something-  FC, NES, SMD, SMS,..., Drinks, Drugs, Pets, Misc,...  Would be better than splitting to countless subforums, don't you think?

Underground-gamer.com forum has nice ones...

tonev

We could have message icons but the sub forum for non FC stuff is a great idea and yes NES games will go in the non FC forum.
And if we are going to add message icon why use images from another forum... I can create them :) There could be  hm 4 icons? a FC controller , NES Controller , SEGA controller and a CD icon...
It would be better if there was a B/S/T system rather than a forum...

Xious

Even with an icon, the extra post still clutters up the board and shunts everything else downward.  :bomb:

UglyJoe

If I were to do this, it would only be a sub-forum under B/S/T (and I guess one under Auctions) for "Non-Famicom" stuff.  The main B/S/T board would be for Famicom stuff only.

Message icons are neat, but people wouldn't use them correctly.

And nobody answered my question.  What do the sellers think of all this?

Xious

Hmm... I made my original suggestion both fro the purview of a seller and as a buyer. The problem you face is that not many sellers read this board, say, compared to the 'Famicom & Disk System' board. :bomb:

manuel

As a seller I like to put everything into one thread.
But if there was a subforum I guess I'd use it.

I just fear that a lot of people who just don't notice the subforum will still post non-FC items on the FC board.

tonev

There will be a rule about this... and no they won't. For example look at the new Technical & Repair Assistance forum. They stopped asking repair questions in the general famicom forum :) So it will be the same as in the subforum in B/S/T . We are Famicom World not FAMINESSEGAN64PS World  ;D