Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2018, 03:51:48 PM
Home Famicom World Search Calendar Login Register

+  Famicom World
|-+  Misc.
| |-+  Off-Topic Chat (Moderators: manuel, L___E___T)
| | |-+  ONE GREAT NEW RETRO GAME MOVIE you SHOULD not miss
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: ONE GREAT NEW RETRO GAME MOVIE you SHOULD not miss  (Read 5231 times)
UglyJoe
Administrator
Disk-kun
United States United States

« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2012, 03:35:10 PM »

I don't think you'll really be missing anything by waiting to see it on DVD instead of in a theater.  Honestly, a DVD might be better, as there were multiple scenes where I wanted to pause and look for game references.
Epic_Lotus
AV Famicom
United States United States

« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2012, 03:47:32 PM »

^Glad to hear that, actually.  $2.50 rentals at my local Family Video are also a big plus over the $15 3D ticket price.
egg_sanwich
Disk System
Canada Canada

« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2012, 12:48:58 PM »

I don't think you'll really be missing anything by waiting to see it on DVD instead of in a theater.  Honestly, a DVD might be better, as there were multiple scenes where I wanted to pause and look for game references.

Not to mention free popcorn! $6 for a small!?  Shocked
b1aCkDeA7h
AV Famicom

OM NOM NOM!

« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2012, 02:24:05 PM »

Yeah, chalk that up to Rich Moore of Futurama fame (also The Simpsons).  Lots of neat video game references and definite freeze frame moments.

A shame they couldn't license everything they wanted to and a few Captain Ersatz characters showed up, though they weren't key characters.
tonev
Sharp C1

Famicom Fan

« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2012, 03:36:19 PM »

The movie was great. I loved the story line and the game references were cool. I wont spoil anything just the fact that you have to watch the credits till the end Smiley but i wont tell you why

WHEN I DIE I WANT ALL MY GAMING RELATED ITEMS TO BE SPLIT EQUALLYTO MY GF! ALSO JAN AKA JPX72 AND SECURITY16
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: