I hope all our famicomworld friends from america are going to be ok!!

Started by tonev, August 26, 2011, 01:00:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tonev

I hope all our famicomworld friends from america are going to be ok!!
Because of all the bad stuff that is happening now and / or it is going to happen because of the huricane Irene...  I heard on the news that forecasters are saying this could be the biggest storm to strike america in more than half a century... and this hurricane is the second natural disaster to take place I hope that there won't be more bad stuff hapening to usa... and i hope all our members from usa are going to be fine (and i know that they are not one or two members... so like they said on the news get a disaster kit with everything you will need like important documents , ID money , medical stuff oh and take your favorite game cartridge with you... because if thing are going bad when you look at it you will remember the fun times you had with it :)
I am back everyone :)

petik1

It was downgraded to a category 2 this morning. It's no big deal, I don't know where you heard all that ::)

KingPepe

Don't worry, I think we'll be ok. (...although since I'm on Long Island, I think I'm going to be in the center of the hurricane when it comes)

MS-DOS4

>>>Current Collection<<< Updated 8/20/2014

-Click here for Photobucket Collection-

UglyJoe

Every hurricane is always the biggest news ever in America.  Seriously.  The media loves them because it makes their job so easy.  You'd swear they were forecasting the end of the world.  And this happens every single time there's a hurricane.

Hurricanes do some terrible things and Irene probably won't be any different in that regard, but don't mistake media hysteria for fact ;)

edit: But your concern is certainly appreciated  :D

FamicomRetroGamer

You make it sound like it's horrific as it was in Japan, they're not in danger, it'll go back to normal, or it has already.

MS-DOS4

Quote from: FamicomRetroGamer on August 26, 2011, 03:57:22 pm
You make it sound like it's horrific as it was in Japan, they're not in danger, it'll go back to normal, or it has already.

Yeah, I figured all this extra hoopla on the news was because they're already fired up about what happend in Japan. I suppose this is also why the 5.9 earthquake was made fun of. Too much exaggeration!

son_ov_hades

It's definitely a bigger deal than those who've posted above me have made it out to be. A category 2 isn't that big of a deal in say Florida or Texas, but in the northeast it surely is. We very rarely ever get hurricanes and are under prepared. I don't think it is quite the armageddon that the media is making out to be either though.

Parodius Duh

Im gonna be right in the eye of the storm, tomorrow at 6 pm Eastern time.  :-\

Every supermarket, Grocery, and even gas stations were completely out of water and batteries!

tonev

@Parodius Duh  please when you can, post some pictures of the disaster if something happens
@At all the others:
Well about the news they say 1 man has died from the huricane (or 2 or 3... they all said diferent numbers... ) So if lifes are in danger then it is a big deal so people should be warned... yes you are all saying that it is nothing compared to the stuff that happened in Japan but hey if you are going to look at it this way than if the eartquake is not as big as the one in japan it is not an erathquake ... but i think it is wrong thinking...
Every disaster is important nomather if it is a big or a small one... if peoples life is in danger it is important.
I am back everyone :)

Parodius Duh

200,000 currently without power in North Carolina. Anybody I have any current trades with,  sales, etc. please do not panic if you do not hear from me for a few days, Im hoping we will not lose power here in Connecticut!

@Tonev- Sure! Ill post a ton of pictures and maybe a few videos.  ;)

Everybody else along the East Coast, especially anyone on Long Island or the CT/RI Shoreline.......STAY SAFE, SEEK SHELTER, AND IF YOU STILL HAVE RUNNING WATER FILL UP AS MANY JUGS, POTS, ETC. AS YOU CAN!!!!! WATER IS YOUR BEST FRIEND IN A TIME LIKE THIS!

KingPepe

Quote from: Parodius Duh on August 27, 2011, 08:40:28 am
Everybody else along the East Coast, especially anyone on Long Island or the CT/RI Shoreline.......STAY SAFE, SEEK SHELTER, AND IF YOU STILL HAVE RUNNING WATER FILL UP AS MANY JUGS, POTS, ETC. AS YOU CAN!!!!! WATER IS YOUR BEST FRIEND IN A TIME LIKE THIS!

Don't worry, we're prepared for this hurricane.

klax

So who was stuck in hurrican Irene? I for one, was.

MS-DOS4