That's it, I'm done with Youtube

Started by Doc, February 09, 2007, 06:10:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Retroman

YouTube = money-grubbing ingrates.

But seriously, that site likes to hurt a lot of people.

Switchstance

Youtube sucks, make your own flv video player and post your videos in your site.
Famicom lover

Doc

Quote from: Switchstance on February 14, 2007, 03:41:35 pm
Youtube sucks, make your own flv video player and post your videos in your site.

Someone should tell me how. :P

Switchstance

Quote from: FamicomJL on February 14, 2007, 07:44:52 pm
Quote from: Switchstance on February 14, 2007, 03:41:35 pm

Someone should tell me how. :P

Easy. Search at google some FREE FLV PLAYER source (.fla)  most of them contains the graphic files and the FLA (wich is the flash player) and some xml or something like that to make it to work. You must convert your MPEG videos to FLV with some software (they are a lot). And that's all. The main problem exist if you don't know how to customize the flv player and if you don't know how to code in flash, but mostly those free-open source-players come with instructions.
Famicom lover

Doc

Ehh...sounds like too much work...Although I've always wanted to make one of those, and maybe make it a page similar to how this is set up...http://www.pageoclips.com/files/html/index.htm.

Are there any youtube-ish sites out there?

Switchstance

Quote from: FamicomJL on February 14, 2007, 07:52:42 pm
Ehh...sounds like too much work...Although I've always wanted to make one of those, and maybe make it a page similar to how this is set up...http://www.pageoclips.com/files/html/index.htm.

Are there any youtube-ish sites out there?

Too much work? :/
It's not too much work, and if you want a good site sometimes you must work hard.
But exists a lot of youtube similar sites, like Google video, Zapp, etc.
Famicom lover

Toneman

If it makes you feel any better, taipion, the King of Tool Assisted Playthroughs got shut down too.

I now am getting a little worried. If YouTube is throwing video games in the COPYRIGHT bracket, I'm so done....
Instagram: Kokujin804

Doc

Wow.

I personally suggest that you archive your videos RIGHT NOW, Toneman. BE CAREFUL!

Retroman

Quote from: Toneman on February 16, 2007, 01:56:45 pm
If it makes you feel any better, taipion, the King of Tool Assisted Playthroughs got shut down too.

I now am getting a little worried. If YouTube is throwing video games in the COPYRIGHT bracket, I'm so done....

YouTube is going too far...

Jedi Master Baiter

My account consists of nothing but me doing weird shit on NES games... :-\

But if video games aren't allowed, then why have a 'video game' option in the category list?

Doc

Probably for stupid "parodies".

Soon youtube will be what it originally was, un-funny homemade videos...blehh.

Doc

Would anyone be able to give me good directions on how to make a flash player for the site? Drop me an e-mail.

kite200

no it wasnt youtube recommending it he just got a message on his youtube account i think
ステキ

JC

YouTube probably wouldn't recommend its competition, right?

Doc