Second analogue stick on 3DS is real but...

Started by FamicomRetroGamer, September 07, 2011, 12:24:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

petik1

How would you plan putting the circle pad below the buttons?

manuel

jpx72

It's simple, they will provide a DIY kit with knife and a drill :D :D :D

UglyJoe

Come on, guys, it's not exactly infeasible to create something that snaps into place underneath the XABY buttons.  Just have it sort of pinch to stay in place, as well as anchor into the holes in the front and bottom of the corner (take a look, there are holes).  Interfacing with the device would probably be the trickiest part, unless that sort of thing would be possible using the 3DS's wireless connection.  May not be possible in all actuality, but it would certainly not be something magical.

petik1

If it were to fit above the plastic below the buttons, it would be pretty awkward. It would be higher up than the one on the left, and farther down, so you'd end up holding the system in some weird way.

UglyJoe

September 09, 2011, 07:52:56 am #20 Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 08:27:59 am by UglyJoe
Maybe we're thinking of two different things?  If it were put under the buttons, it would be lower than the left stick.  Sort of like a GC or 360 controller layout.

edit: Oooh, you meant "higher up" as in "closer to the player's face".  I thought you meant "closer to the shoulder buttons", which wasn't making sense to me.  You're right, it would stick up higher than the other stick, but I don't know how much of a bother that would actually be.

nintendodork

I agree, it wouldn't be so bad to have it protruding from the console a little bit, because then your thumb wouldn't have to stretch just as much as it would if the stick was level with the rest of the console.

How exactly do you attach this second stick to the 3DS, and what connector does it use to actually be functional? If they can do it this way, how much harder would it be for them to make one that goes under the XABY buttons?
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

L___E___T

My guess is you could move the XYAB buttons down to be parallel with the d-pad, have teh smaller circle pad up top parallel with the existing circle pad and lastly move the power button somewhere out of reach, i.e. by the cartridge slot.

Since no-one wanted to take my bet on last time that turned out to be true
Spoiler
  :P 
[close]
- any takers for this one?
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

klax

Do we really need it? Like besid's Smash TV 3D (I would buy that) There is nothing I can think of that would benfit from that!

FamicomRetroGamer

Quote from: petik1 on September 09, 2011, 03:40:30 am
How would you plan putting the circle pad below the buttons?

Take PSP's example, they have the d-pad up (buttons in this case) and the analogue stick is below, it's small but works completely fine.

Nintendo's creative, right? Then no prob for them to make it happen without increasing the size of 3DS.

petik1

satoshi_matrix

I dont' have a 3DS yet, but seeing this thing, I wonder if the big N will incorporate it into the design of the next 3DS design that we all know is coming?

I hope a ton of games don't come out that require this thing. Optional sure, but I do not want to buy this if I don't have to. 

linkzpikachu

i kinda like it.....though the stick itself is a bit small.....
FUCK YEAH SEAKING!

UglyJoe

manuel

Still looks ugly and I personally find 1500 Yen too expensive for a piece of plastic.
I'll still buy it if a game I like requires it, but only under protest.  >:(