What is your favorite terrible game?

Started by classicgamer16, October 10, 2011, 12:14:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

classicgamer16

So pretty much, what game do you consider to be really fun but to others the game is terrible and not worth their time?
My game would be Werewolf the Last Warrior on NES.
I loved the music, and the controls were very interesting to me. It had a lot of different commands that I enjoyed very much.
"You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike."

L___E___T

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.  Let's be honest it's pants but I love the concept too much.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

jpx72

Ha great idea for a topic!
I love Super Arabian and Ninja Hattori-Kun:

By being such short and repetitive games, I think they fit into the category of  "terrible" games :D

VenomMacbeth

I like Robotech: Battlecry for the GC.   :P

classicgamer16

I FORGOT
Legend Of Kage is one of my top ten favorite games of all time haha!

Kiddo

I also love Werewolf the Last Warrior!  ;D

It's super hard, but the music and the graphics are awesome. I've never made it past the level where random lightning strikes auto-kill the werewolf (level 3?). Also it's kinda funny that you can collect all those orbs to turn into that "super-silver-werewolf" thing, but there are so few orbs in the game that you can only enter that form maybe once or twice over the course of the whole game! And the effect only lasts for a few seconds.

classicgamer16

Admit it tho!
When you finally get those (I think there called super pills?) it was way worth it. Your invincible your jumping abilities IS FREAKING CRAZY OH MY GOD.
I had this game when I was a little boy.
and when you beat the first boss and you see him transform into the werewolf.
It was possibly the most epic thing in the world to me.

UglyJoe

The werewolf transformation cutscene is pretty awesome.  The game is just so, so awful, though.

classicgamer16

I would admit the only part that I would consider awful was when you had to learn how to climb things by pressing and and attack at specific parts.
I never knew that for the longest time haha.

UglyJoe

Yeah, that ceiling-cling was nearly impossible to pull off.

crade

Quote from: L___E___T on October 10, 2011, 04:00:22 pm
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.  Let's be honest it's pants but I love the concept too much.

TMNT is a great game.  It has everything.  The only thing I've ever heard people complain about is how hard it is (yeah boo hoo)

heh, I think mine is macross..  It's really bad and looks like it was coded in an afternoon, but it's fun :)
GRRR!

satoshi_matrix

Action 52. It's so bad its......funny!

jpx72

October 11, 2011, 09:53:09 pm #12 Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 09:58:54 pm by jpx72
Quote from: crade on October 11, 2011, 12:54:39 pm
heh, I think mine is macross..  It's really bad and looks like it was coded in an afternoon, but it's fun :)

How could I forgot about that!  Macross is awesome! The crazy intro music, the speed at which the ship in robot-mode is moving on the screen, the combination of keys (I still don't know which was that! :D) to change into another mode! And don't forget about the ever-repeating ending boss! All fear of the ...multiple cubes monster (or was that a computer core? I'm not familiar with the Macross story)!

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: jpx72 on October 11, 2011, 09:53:09 pm
How could I forgot about that!  Macross is awesome! The crazy intro music, the speed at which the ship in robot-mode is moving on the screen, the combination of keys (I still don't know which was that! :D) to change into another mode! And don't forget about the ever-repeating ending boss! All fear of the ...multiple cubes monster (or was that a computer core? I'm not familiar with the Macross story)!

I'm a big Macross fan, and your guess is as good as mine.  XD

Parodius Duh

The Japanese Version of Werewolf (Called Choujin Senki Warwolf) has different level lay outs!

Code Name Viper is probably my favorite Bad/Good game.