good shops in Shanghai and bejing

Started by Gamester, November 21, 2011, 07:32:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Gamester

Hello next year i travel to china. are there any good shops for famicom games and clones in shanghai or bejing ?

mtgmackid

The Wantong mall in Beijing has a few sellers with Famicom and Megadrive pirates/clones, but not as much as they did around 5 years ago. The sellers there still have a good stock of pirates and clones for very cheap.

Gamester

cpix

I live in Beijing, and as the other guy said, there are more or less only famiclones and mega drive pirate carts, but if you fancy that stuff, you should go to the pearl market, behind it is a huge toy store, many sellers have games there, but if you go way in the back of the store there is a own room of games, i've found a lot of kool stuff there, even GBA pirates and so on., so worth checking out.. a game usually cost 10  RMB. You will be reading a lot on the web about a area called Golou, which was a huge place for games back in the day. there are still around 30 stores there, but they all sell the exact same stuff, no retro, only pirate copies of WII and Xbox 360 games (well, except for one store that had like 3 GameCube games, which i have already bought). :) though, the area is still fun to visit for drinking..