Custom Famicom Cartridge labels?

Started by Parodius Duh, October 26, 2011, 10:19:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

L___E___T

If you're really fussy - you can get prints on metallic paper, with metallic inks and glossy seals and all sorts. 
Of course it's more expensive, but nothing looks as factory finish as that.  It's better quality than back in the day!

If you want to go the route where no-one can discern, you can do that but it'll cost about the same as a RetroUSB cart. 
I have it planned for  a couple of specials.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Parodius Duh

@punkpolitical - any chance you can do a FDS obi for Castlevania Mario Hack? Im thinking maybe using the original artwork for Castlevania, but somehow replacing ol' Belmont with Mario (with whip in hand!)? Any chance you could do something like this man? Thanks in advance!

punkpolitical

April 11, 2012, 04:14:18 pm #182 Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 04:37:00 pm by punkpolitical
Made this up. Put quite a bit of time into cleaning up the art that i used. Hope you guys like. ;D ;D ;D
here are some links about the game:

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/758/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8hl1d8n2KM

This next one is an old request and i just threw it together in like 5 minutes.......I know it looks like crap so no comments about it please.  :-X

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Kp6mU7a6bo

Quote from: Parodius Duh on April 11, 2012, 02:39:58 pm
@punkpolitical - any chance you can do a FDS obi for Castlevania Mario Hack? Im thinking maybe using the original artwork for Castlevania, but somehow replacing ol' Belmont with Mario (with whip in hand!)? Any chance you could do something like this man? Thanks in advance!

I will look into it but no promises because that would be quite Hard to do.........but i will see.

Parodius Duh

Quote from: punkpolitical on April 11, 2012, 04:14:18 pm

Quote from: Parodius Duh on April 11, 2012, 02:39:58 pm

I will look into it but no promises because that would be quite Hard to do.........but i will see.

VERY COOL! Any chance you can change that around a bit to read "Barve" Boy kung fu Pokechu? As thats whats on the actual title screen  ;)

And whatever you can come up with for the FDS Castlevania Mario hack would be great! Thanks dude!

punkpolitical

April 11, 2012, 06:02:52 pm #184 Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 08:01:15 pm by punkpolitical

manuel

Parodius Duh

April 11, 2012, 10:20:22 pm #186 Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 10:32:03 pm by Parodius Duh
YES! That is absolutely perfect!  ;) Ridiculous Obi for a ridiculous hack!

....and I just checked out that overflow of darkness hack, very cool! I see this becoming a repro very soon!

Jedi Master Baiter

That image of Mario goes with the Dracula background quite well. The only thing that looks weird to me is the way the whip bends. :-\

dizzy9

That dream world pogie label is great! Just one thing: Dizzy the egg originated from UK.No NES game was released in Japan.Only Amiga(?) version of Fantastic Dizzy seems to have "Japanese" as selectable language setting.

Parodius Duh

so why should that matter with dreamworld pogie? Thats an unreleased game and could have been released in Japan at some point, or at least, on pirate cart like all the dizzy games.

Drakon

amazing labels.  Especially overflow toilet.

dizzy9

Quote from: Parodius Duh on April 18, 2012, 06:35:05 pm
so why should that matter with dreamworld pogie? Thats an unreleased game and could have been released in Japan at some point, or at least, on pirate cart like all the dizzy games.

Point taken.

punkpolitical

i really want this!!!!! :o      Hope you guys like these labels for Strider.