Custom Famicom Cartridge labels?

Started by Parodius Duh, October 26, 2011, 10:19:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

80sFREAK

2 RainLink requesting custom label for Elite

Thanks in advance
I don't buy, sell or trade at moment.
But my question is how hackers at that time were able to hack those games?(c)krzy

RainLink

jpx72: I'm happy you like it! I haven't had time to really play this romhack all the way through so I just assumed since it was a romhack based off of Rockman 4, I thought Dr. Cossack was in it. But thank you! I really appreciate your kind words!  :D

Butcherdeliz:Thank you as well! Don't worry, if you are dedicated enough and practice thoroughly, you can design anything you want. There are always classes you could take or online videos that can help you. PM me if you ever need any help.

Manuel: I would love some help with translations. I don't know a lick of Japanese  :-[  I'll be sure to keep you in mind.

80sFreak: Cool this looks interesting! You want this on a famicom cart correct?
"Consider your origins: You were not made to live as brutes, but to follow virtue and knowledge." - Dante Alighieri

80sFREAK

Yes, for Famicom, please. This title was not released officially outside of PAL territory, so it's kinda specific.
But my question is how hackers at that time were able to hack those games?(c)krzy

RainLink

Is this to your liking 80'sFREAK? I had a hard time finding that golden ship emblem so I found a scan of the front of the NES cart and had to edit out the background and improve the quality of the colors. I hope it came out alright?
"Consider your origins: You were not made to live as brutes, but to follow virtue and knowledge." - Dante Alighieri

80sFREAK

That's looks awesome, can't see anything wrong, thank you so much :)

RainLink

Quote from: 80sFREAK on September 06, 2012, 04:10:31 pm
That's looks awesome, can't see anything wrong, thank you so much :)

I'm happy you like it!  ;D This one was one of the more challenging ones to make, but it was really fun in the end and I'm pleased with it.

Offtopic:
80'sFREAK I think I'll be buying a Famicom from your shop on this forum soon, I just need to get my paypal information all squared away. I'll send you a PM when I do.

YoshiFan501

you should design the label for his flash cart

80sFREAK

RainLink

September 06, 2012, 07:03:38 pm #233 Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 07:12:18 pm by RainLink
Quote from: 80sFREAK on September 06, 2012, 06:48:50 pm
Ummm, thats another request ;)

Hmmm...do you have any suggestions for what it could look like? It's hard to design something with barely any materials or a base template.

EDIT: 80sFREAK I think I have an idea for one design. Tell me two of your favorite colors, or colors you think would go well together.

80sFREAK

It was already one suggestion to make label "pulse line" alike. As for me color map doesn't really matter, just don't add much pink on it :) Also not sure which color will go for the shell - black, white or gold.

RainLink

Quote from: 80sFREAK on September 06, 2012, 07:22:05 pm
It was already one suggestion to make label "pulse line" alike. As for me color map doesn't really matter, just don't add much pink on it :) Also not sure which color will go for the shell - black, white or gold.

How about this? I hope the Japanese text is correct, but if it isn't, it can be easily changed. Let me know what you think 80sFREAK, criticism is appreciated as always.

80sFREAK

Looks good, can not see anything wrong with design, just have to check "HVC-FC" code, if it's not reserved already.

Definately will looks good on white shell, but for black one i suggest narrow border of background color. This would help to separate pulse line and left top area with code from the shell.

Not sure, how it will looks like with gold shell. Let's wait for few more comments.

manuel

That looks very nice.
Japanese transcription is also okay.  :)

L___E___T

My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

RainLink

September 07, 2012, 04:45:48 am #239 Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 09:24:03 am by Jedi QuestMaster
Quote from: 80sFREAK on September 07, 2012, 02:48:42 am
Thank you for doing all the job, but i have no use for it now - Famicom flashcart project is frozen

Ah well, it was fun designing it anyway. I'm disappointed to say the least. :/