Started by tonev, October 31, 2011, 12:05:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

tonev

I was thinking why not increase the avatar size to 120x120 because 75x75 is to small
As you can see they fit perfectly

I am back everyone :)

UglyJoe

Jedi Master Baiter

Maybe according to your monitor!

Honestly now, 100x100 would be nice, as long as it doesn't stretch it out for those of use who prefer smaller avatars.

At least be glad it's 75! I remember forums limiting pics to 64 pixels in my day. :o

And don't get me started with file sizes...

L___E___T

I'm not keen on massive avatars, but I think 100x100 is ok.  I really hate flashing animated avatars though.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

manuel

I'm fine with the size we have now, but I can understand if people want slightly bigger avatars.

UglyJoe

Fine, fine.  100x100 avatars are now enabled.

tonev

I am back everyone :)

NintendoKing

Quote from: L___E___T on November 01, 2011, 01:50:22 am
I'm not keen on massive avatars, but I think 100x100 is ok.  I really hate flashing animated avatars though.

Does my avatar offend you then?

nintendodork

I was wondering why Homer got a little bigger today...
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

petik1

Errr, I'm not liking the 100x100. Scott Pilgrim is looking a bit large. I wonder what 90x90 would look like.

UglyJoe

Yeah, if you're hosting your avatar elsewhere it'll do a sloppy HTML resize to get it to be 100x100.  If you upload it to the FW forum, it might handle the sizing better.

petik1

L___E___T

Quote from: The Uninvited Gremlin on November 01, 2011, 10:10:51 am
Quote from: L___E___T on November 01, 2011, 01:50:22 am
I'm not keen on massive avatars, but I think 100x100 is ok.  I really hate flashing animated avatars though.

Does my avatar offend you then?

It doesn't offend me - it just hurts a little and is distracting, but don't let that stop you my friend, it's just my take on them.  
I'm used to the horrors of SRK when people used to really push it deliberately.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

MasterDisk

It made my avatar squarish...

UglyJoe

Yeah, the old setting was 75x65, I think, so it would have stretched it into a more rectangular shape.  If you upload the avatar to the server, it'll get its aspect ratio correct.