Finds (Famicom/FDS)

Started by Alex930, July 30, 2006, 12:09:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

manuel

The penguin one is really cool.
I wouldn't mind owning one.

son_ov_hades

Quote from: nintendodork on February 19, 2009, 08:06:28 pm
That's awesome!  You should shoot for the boxes and such to make it CIB, Carl has all the papers and a box for sale for $30 I think if you want it :)
Oh, and how much did you get it for since it was working?

I'm not interested in the boxes and such, I don't have much money and I could get a few games for that price. Plus this isn't the nicest console cosmetically, if I'm gonna go CIB I'll get a nice looking one haha.

nintendodork

Quote from: manuel on February 19, 2009, 08:33:28 pm
The penguin one is really cool.
I wouldn't mind owning one.
Yeah, me too..
A few years ago I saw one on eBay for only $450 w/ free shipping and a 2-in-1
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

nurd

They're worth about 10 dollars, person was either makign it a hueg price because of how silly it is, or they are uneducated.

nintendodork

Does it have controller ports?  Or is there just some wireless controller with it?
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

133MHz

Hey Geoff
Get some 10-15% hydrogen peroxide, Oxy-Clean laundry booster, a rubbermaid bin, some sunlight and return the original whiteness to your Famicom!  ;D:P

I'm dying to try that method on some of my systems. It doesn't damage stickers or painted logos, and it chemically restores the plastic to its original state!

Tupin

I think the Penguin uses IR sensors and has one controller port.

One day there will be a Famiclone that's nothing but a pin slot, AV out, power cord, controller port, and power/reset button. The circuitry keeps getting smaller, the possibilities are endless.

The Retro Duo is the best clone available. That includes Famicom support with an adapter, it's one of only two systems that can actually run the Disk System, the other being the NEX.

133MHz

Quote from: Tupin on February 20, 2009, 04:30:13 pm
One day there will be a Famiclone that's nothing but a pin slot, AV out, power cord, controller port, and power/reset button. The circuitry keeps getting smaller, the possibilities are endless.

I have a Famiclone whose circuit board is as big as four SIM cards. We're already there, it's just that Chinese pirates like to leave loads of empty space inside clones :P. Given current NoAC technology, I could probably cram an entire Famiclone inside half of a Famicom cart! :)

Quote from: Tupin on February 20, 2009, 04:30:13 pm
The Retro Duo is the best clone available. That includes Famicom support with an adapter, it's one of only two systems that can actually run the Disk System, the other being the NEX.

I have a crappy PolyStation clone (PSX lookalike) that works with the FDS. I know that some clones won't work with it (my keyboard clone being one of them) but it's not rare or unique to find a clone that does work.

Tupin

Yeah, but the American made 72 pin Famiclones never seemed to support it. Which is weird.

Tjibynn

These 2 carts were sent to me last week.  Total cost 5 EURO

//Tjibynn

FamicomFreak

Wow love pirates with boxes CONGRATS!
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

djdac

FamicomFreak

Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

Tjibynn

the mailman will deliver this kit to me in a few days.

the Disk-system have a new drive-belt and works fine..

total cost: 40 Euro

//Tjibynn

Paul-FC

OMG whats on the SMB3 disk?