Finds (Famicom/FDS)

Started by Alex930, July 30, 2006, 12:09:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Shumi Nagaremono

Rygar, Yo! Noid, Nemo, and a bunch of misc.

I've never seen this Gundam cart in blue before.  Anybody know what the deal is?

L___E___T

March 12, 2015, 01:24:34 pm #3991 Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 01:32:34 pm by L___E___T
Finally grabbed this - one I've been after for a while...  Has Wario's Woods on the back as well:

My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Nightstar699

Nice gets, fellas. Love the Wario's Woods art on the back there, I keep a NES copy of that game around mainly for its aesthetics. Nice lot to Shumi as well - Hanamaru and Nemo are the best of the bunch.

Here's my latest additions.

As psyched as I am to get Holy Diver and Captain Saver at last, Jetman has to be my favorite of my latest purchases, I've been trying to get it CIB for years now!
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

fcgamer

Wow, those are amazing!!!
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

XiTaU

damn would love a holy diver and jetman that must have cost some serious coin,

stealthlurker

Very nice haul Nightstar!!!  :star: :star: :star:

Congrats on the flyers LET  ;) ;) ;)

Famicom3DS

Well after I bought a defective Famicom (though I didn't know that it was -_-), I found out it's a Square Button Famicom.  :o
This is my first one too, so this is pretty great because I didn't know what Square Buttons were until then, here's some photos.

Paid 46$ for it w/ shipping so how did I do, guys? (I'm relatively knew to Famicom values and such)

famiac

L___E___T

Nice finds everyone!  NightStar that Captain Saver has me super jelly!  Still to find me a loose copy of that one :)
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

NikuSama

Quote from: Famicom3DS on March 15, 2015, 10:51:35 pm
Well after I bought a defective Famicom (though I didn't know that it was -_-), I found out it's a Square Button Famicom.  :o
This is my first one too, so this is pretty great because I didn't know what Square Buttons were until then, here's some photos.

Paid 46$ for it w/ shipping so how did I do, guys? (I'm relatively knew to Famicom values and such)

that's not bad I find it odd that the controller 2 has round buttons while controller one is square, I'd like to see the inside of this one.
did you just win it or did it arrive? also when did Yamatoku start doing those card things? I have never got one even after 30 or so transactions over the past years.

I got this one untested from japan for you on ebay and it just needed a decent cleaning so pop that one open when you get it and clear out some of that Japanese fuzz and you might be good. most of the round buttons I got from yamatoku needed a good cleaning to work. one needed jumpers over broken traces from corrosion but its working for now

L___E___T

Looks like one controller was replaced but still a great find, well done!
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Shumi Nagaremono

Yesterday was my last day working in Akihabara (and in Tokyo).  Celebrated by raiding the bargain bins at Trader and Friends.

P

Quote from: NikuSama on March 18, 2015, 03:12:45 am
Quote from: Famicom3DS on March 15, 2015, 10:51:35 pm

that's not bad I find it odd that the controller 2 has round buttons while controller one is square, I'd like to see the inside of this one.
did you just win it or did it arrive? also when did Yamatoku start doing those card things? I have never got one even after 30 or so transactions over the past years.

I got this one untested from japan for you on ebay and it just needed a decent cleaning so pop that one open when you get it and clear out some of that Japanese fuzz and you might be good. most of the round buttons I got from yamatoku needed a good cleaning to work. one needed jumpers over broken traces from corrosion but its working for now
Yeah apparently many square button Famicoms had their controllers replaced with newer round buttons ones. But that one has a smooth bottom part so you can tell it's a square button one. Nice find indeed!

Famicom3DS

March 22, 2015, 12:08:36 am #4003 Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 09:17:56 am by Famicom3DS
Thanks everyone, I'm definitely gonna pop it open once I get it, see what revision it is (hoping it hasn't been swapped out!), and I found out at least one of the TVs in my house go up beyond 95 & 96 (I live in the US), so once it comes in and such I'm gonna clean the controllers, cartridge slot and such.  ;D

Also quick question for those in the US, how long has it taken for your package to get it from Japan using SAL? I've ordered 3 so far (all manga) and one took 15 days, one took 3 weeks and the other one took about a month and a half to get here, it's been a week since my Famicom has shipped so I'm hoping it comes in within the next week or two.

(oh I forgot to mention that even though the 2nd controller has round buttons the 1st controller has square buttons.

zmaster18

I've noticed that Yamatoku is starting to ensure that consoles are in working condition with those cards.

Speaking of Yamatoku, he overcharged my shipping by USD$120, or CAD$150. That bum  >:(  I demanded a partial refund. Who charges double what it actually costs? When I got the package, it said he paid 19,500yen. He friggin charged me USD$286 for that shipping. I've bought orders twice as large as this with the shipping only coming to USD$250 max!

Beware next time he invoices you. This is just bull. However, 2 years ago he screwed up my order somehow(I forgot what he did) but he offered me a discount on my next purchase after that. I think he might do the right thing and partially refund me. I have to be more careful next time.

Post Merge: March 22, 2015, 08:42:24 am

Quote from: Shumi Nagaremono on March 18, 2015, 03:23:09 pm

Yesterday was my last day working in Akihabara (and in Tokyo).  Celebrated by raiding the bargain bins at Trader and Friends.

I see a big 'ol pile of coffee can Mario figures. How's the collection so far?