Finds (Famicom/FDS)

Started by Alex930, July 30, 2006, 12:09:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

fcgamer

Oh man, I feel so envious, yet, at the same time I probably wouldn't have the same experience even if I were to move to Japan (since I have so many loose carts already).

There used to be a shop here that had a lot of Famicom games from back in the day, tons of new old stock and the shopkeeper and I became buddies since I always bought so much from him every time I visited.  I was visiting there once a week after work, though the shop was about an hour from me, but I just had such a great thrill looking through his stuff.  But then I cleaned it out, and my extra surplus of money also disappeared, and I haven't been back for months.

There are no places on my way home from work (well I walk and only live five minutes from my job), but all of the places that used to have games near me, I've long cleared out.  So sadly, it has been getting more and more frustrating to find games here, and then to find ones that I need, almost impossible.  That set up in Japan really sounds like the dream.   :)
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

BonBon

Ai senshi nicol FDS port pirate cart by kaiser

L___E___T

My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

BonBon

Yep I had it for a while just with my move haven't had time to post. Hear is a new one though nazo no murasame jō FDS port pirate cart by whirlwind manu

fcgamer

Nice!  That's a great game :) 

On another note, many of those games were ported by Kaiser and also by another pirate company.  Do you know why the Kaiser versions are in higher demand?

BonBon

I'm only familiar with kaiser and whirlwind manu. What is the other company? I think kaiser and whirlwind manu demand high prices because their the oldest and original FDS ports know. Oh here is another find exed exes silver members cart.

fcgamer

I mean Kaiser versions seem to be in higher demand than WW Manu.  At least that is from what I have seen.

Post Merge: April 30, 2015, 04:08:47 am

If you dont mind me asking, how much does a silver members cart like that usually go for?

BonBon

Ghegs

Haul for April:

Mickey Mouse III: Yume Fuusen, Gekikame Ninja Den, Adventure Islands II, III and IV, Great Battle Cyber, Donald Land and Armadillo.

L___E___T

Wow Ghegs some heavy hitters in there!  Can I ask the appeal of Great Battle Cyber?  That one doesn't strike me as the kind of title you'd normally hunt down, if I'm a good judge of your taste in Famicom games!

That AVIV in particular looks very, very clean!  Congrats!
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Ghegs

Quote from: L___E___T on May 01, 2015, 07:45:09 amCan I ask the appeal of Great Battle Cyber?  That one doesn't strike me as the kind of title you'd normally hunt down, if I'm a good judge of your taste in Famicom games!

I was on the fence for a while whether I'll get it or not. In the end I saw an auction and won it for ~$30 including shipping, so that's nice. It's still an action-platformer, it's just a slightly different one. Every enemy encounter being basically a bossfight is cool and somewhat Treasure-like before there even was Treasure. I like how the characters can hang on ledges, that's a feature not many FC games have.

Nightstar699

YES Armadillo. As much as I love that game, I kinda figured it was the sort of thing you wouldn't like given its slower pace and the fact it uses an SMB3 style layout for the maps. Great stuff, interesting that we both got Yume Fuusen around the same time. I guess I'll add Great Battle Cyber to my wanted list. Also I've been debating adding the Takahashi series to my list. I find them charming but kinda aggravating to play, and very repetitive. (Besides the one on Super Famicom) 4 sounds really cool though from how you described it previously.

Quote from: Ghegs on May 01, 2015, 08:56:35 am
Quote from: L___E___T on May 01, 2015, 07:45:09 amCan I ask the appeal of Great Battle Cyber?  That one doesn't strike me as the kind of title you'd normally hunt down, if I'm a good judge of your taste in Famicom games!

Every enemy encounter being basically a bossfight is cool and somewhat Treasure-like before there even was Treasure. I like how the characters can hang on ledges, that's a feature not many FC games have.

This description sounds like Street Fighter 2010 to me.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

Ghegs

Quote from: Nightstar699 on May 01, 2015, 01:42:57 pm
YES Armadillo. As much as I love that game, I kinda figured it was the sort of thing you wouldn't like given its slower pace and the fact it uses an SMB3 style layout for the maps.

Actually, I got it mainly because I saw you singing its praises. You've added quite a few games to my to-get pile. ;) But you're correct, it's not quite to my taste. The game feels like it's in constant slowdown, that's its biggest drawback. The Takahashi games are kind of repetitive, but III mixes it up a bit with hidden bonus stages and having much more options in weapons and other items. Not sure if I'll get the first game, that one's the simplest of the bunch with even the bosses being more or less the same thing every time. None of these complaints apply to IV, that one's superb. Having III and IV would probably be enough to get the most out of the series.

Now that you mention it, SF2010 is kinda sorta similar to Great Battle Cyber. The former is way better in every aspect, but still.

cieniu71

Bob-Bob

Damn Ghegs. How much was Adventure Island IV?  :'(