Finds (Famicom/FDS)

Started by Alex930, July 30, 2006, 12:09:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

verteks

Quote from: fcgamer on March 27, 2016, 06:54:26 am
My favorite is Fire Hawk though.

+1

Quote from: fcgamer on March 27, 2016, 06:54:26 am
I really like that Kid Ken gun, Polish guys, Kid Ken was popular over there, did you ever see this before?

In my opinion, things with Kid Ken brand here in Poland are also rare - I didn't saw any Kid Ken item at Polish auction sites from time when I started collecting Famicom games (around two years). Maybe few collectors here have Kid Ken console, at least I know about MWK have one, but Kid Ken gun is something unknown.

BB

hi new to this forum, heres my pick ups 2015   :diskkun:

L___E___T

Very nice pickups indeed!  How can you be new to this forum with that level of Famicom love?  Either way - welcome and here's to 2016!
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

BB

i had a break from collecting famicom for about 3-4years then picked it up again around 2012  since i always wanted a complete CIB collection

fcgamer

Quote from: BB on March 29, 2016, 04:47:50 am
i had a break from collecting famicom for about 3-4years then picked it up again around 2012  since i always wanted a complete CIB collection

Complete CIB collection?!?! 
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

BB

yeah wouldn't that be neat  :D

Ghegs

I've toyed with the idea of a complete CIB collection myself and technically I could do it. I already have most/all the expensive and hard to find ones. But those are also the good ones. I don't want to have ~900 games that I have no interest in playing, or can't play due to the language barrier. So many baseball and mahjongg games...that's just collecting for collecting's sake, I'm not interested in that.

But yeah, it's certainly doable. Really expensive and you'll have a heck of a time storing it all, but doable.

famifan

Quote from: fcgamer on March 29, 2016, 06:56:02 am
Quote from: BB on March 29, 2016, 04:47:50 am

Complete CIB collection?!?! 

you reminded me poppy http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=6522.0  :crazy:

BB

not sure how many i CIB i have somewhere around 500. i do try to play the games i get every time. there are still expensive ones i still need to get and its not getting easier. i like collect CIB just because the box art is so beautiful on famicom games so i dont collect just to collect. some days i just go through all the boxes just to look a the beautiful art. i had a plan to learn japanese for a long time so i can play all the games but there is always something else that comes up and it runs out in the sand....

Nightstar699

March 29, 2016, 07:05:01 pm #4359 Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 07:27:47 pm by Nightstar699
Quote from: Ghegs on March 29, 2016, 08:33:01 am
I've toyed with the idea of a complete CIB collection myself and technically I could do it. I already have most/all the expensive and hard to find ones. But those are also the good ones. I don't want to have ~900 games that I have no interest in playing, or can't play due to the language barrier. So many baseball and mahjongg games...that's just collecting for collecting's sake, I'm not interested in that.

But yeah, it's certainly doable. Really expensive and you'll have a heck of a time storing it all, but doable.

Hell, even as it is I look at some of the CIBs in my collection and go "why the hell did I buy this?" Like, I can't really imagine an urge to play Bubble Bobble 2 or Snow Bros. popping up any time soon... for example.

Quote from: BB on March 29, 2016, 09:07:57 am
not sure how many i CIB i have somewhere around 500. i do try to play the games i get every time. there are still expensive ones i still need to get and its not getting easier. i like collect CIB just because the box art is so beautiful on famicom games so i dont collect just to collect. some days i just go through all the boxes just to look a the beautiful art. i had a plan to learn japanese for a long time so i can play all the games but there is always something else that comes up and it runs out in the sand....

Got pictures of the collection anywhere?
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

BB

what can i say some people collect the rare and expensive games "only" and don't care the other games in the library, i´ve seen these things even 15years ago. so what is this forum about? i´m new here and it seems focused on rare expensive games/collection which is fine and the last posts have been mostly about having all the expensive games and no need for the rest? i say the "rest" need to have the same love. collecting just for collecting? haha i never heard that tho i wanna say collecting isnt to buy the most expensive games the fastest, that is buying what you want if you can afford it. i love to collect the more unknown titles and always has, even love all the baseball boxes they are adorable.

i could take some pictures of my collection but i need some time to organise a picture that would be fair

fcgamer

Quote from: BB on March 29, 2016, 11:17:29 pm
what can i say some people collect the rare and expensive games "only" and don't care the other games in the library, i´ve seen these things even 15years ago. so what is this forum about? i´m new here and it seems focused on rare expensive games/collection which is fine and the last posts have been mostly about having all the expensive games and no need for the rest? i say the "rest" need to have the same love. collecting just for collecting? haha i never heard that tho i wanna say collecting isnt to buy the most expensive games the fastest, that is buying what you want if you can afford it. i love to collect the more unknown titles and always has, even love all the baseball boxes they are adorable.

i could take some pictures of my collection but i need some time to organise a picture that would be fair

I thought about going for a complete CIB Famicom collection once, though that dream has all but gone.  Even after going for a complete Famicom set (licensed + unlicensed, folks), only having less than 40 licensed carts and about the same for unlicensed, it has started to wear me out a bit, and will be a marathon that I will be happy to see completed.    To go for that stuff all CIB, I think it would be a journey that would just get tiring after awhile, no matter how interested in the hobby one is.  Just my two cents though.
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

GreenKoopa

After toying back and forth about how and what to collect for retro video game in general, I decided for the famicom to go for small box set of cartridge launch titles mainly for display plus some fun two player games to actually play. A minor disappointment was the silver box games being a little bigger in size... but I think I'm being too picky now?  >:(

L___E___T

I think having a complete pulseline collection is a nice goal to have - they're easy to get an relatively inexpensive for the most part, and look great as a set (the launch lineup) next to the red & white Famicom.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

JetBlackSVW

My latest additions.

The FFIII cart is translated, thanks to the very kind user xIceMan!

I didn't like Tower of Druaga however, the sword attack has like no range.