Finds (Famicom/FDS)

Started by Alex930, July 30, 2006, 12:09:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghegs

Quote from: Jedi Master Baiter on November 24, 2021, 09:35:16 pmHow is Jim Power, Ghegs? I was out of the loop on this one, when one day I was looking through Piko's store and found that game listed for NES and thought this game came out for the NES?

Now I wanna get it!

Out of those five, it's the weakest of the bunch, I think. It's not bad, but I'd be hard-pressed to call it good, either.

It certainly looks good and the main character has some awesome animation, but the gameplay isn't anything special. I've never actually played any of the original versions so I can't compare it to them. It's a very basic action platformer (which turns into a shmup in some stages) and it's difficult, but not entirely in a fun way. Memorization is also heavily rewarded. I think on my first try it took me ~40 minutes to reach the first shmup area, which should take less than 10 if you never have to continue. You can certainly tell it's originally a European-made game from the 90's.

Even small enemies take a lot of hits, and the best way to deal with them is with the charged shot and hitting them as soon as they come on the screen. The thing is, you can't walk while charging the shot, like in Mega Man. But you can jump and move while charging. So most of the time the best tactic is to bunnyhop your way forward while having a charged shot ready to go. And that's kind of silly.

On a different note, I got my From Below: