Finds (Famicom/FDS)

Started by Alex930, July 30, 2006, 12:09:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MaxXimus

I'd love a Street fighter cart. :(

A Kart Fighter would be nicer though. :)

planet_haxxor

(first post, woohoo! howdy)

came upon this at a shop by chance. was the only thing remotely interesting (apparently had been sitting there for years)

was sealed when bough.

it's actually a 'port' (lol) of Lethal Enforcers. Go Go 1994 appears when you beat a stage,

no digitised graphics here - all the scenes from the arcade game appear to be here in sprite form.

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/4669/img4725oo4.jpg

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/4022/img4729uj6.jpg

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/2169/img4724yv8.jpg
picture shows a bunch of other pirate and sachen carts I picked up of late. yup at the top is summer carnival '92:Recca. stoked beyond belief to have found this one.

good pirate (fami and md) games are becoming way hard to find these days. but I'm up to the challenge.

so anyone ever heard of this pirate before? first time I have. manual comes in both japanese and 'english' (just barely comprehensible, not too bad though).
is this a japanese made pirate?
love this crap

JC

I've never heard of Lethal Weapon/Lethal Enforcers, but it sounds cool if it's really a port. I'll have to get it added to the games list. No doubt there's all kinds of "crap" out there we don't know about. I've never even heard of that Go Go company. And that Recca is cool. Very hard to find...there are some pirates I've been trying to find for a couple years now.

(You ought to resize your images for us dial-up users. :'( )

planet_haxxor

Quote from: JC on February 16, 2008, 07:34:32 pm
I've never heard of Lethal Weapon/Lethal Enforcers, but it sounds cool if it's really a port. I'll have to get it added to the games list. No doubt there's all kinds of "crap" out there we don't know about. I've never even heard of that Go Go company. And that Recca is cool. Very hard to find...there are some pirates I've been trying to find for a couple years now.

(You ought to resize your images for us dial-up users. :'( )

I'll upload some screens of Lethal Weapon tomorrow and see about resizing the images  :-[

and I didn't mean 'crap' in a derrogatory sense, I didn't mean it to come across that way. lol

what  are these titles you have been after for so long?

JC

Quote from: planet_haxxor on February 16, 2008, 09:31:13 pm

I'd tell you, but then that would tip you off. ;D One of them is Recca, which isn't the rarest pirate out there, but certainly hard to find. I've only ever seen two, and both of them weren't for sale. Another hard one to find is Boogerman, but I'm a week away from purchasing two Boogerman carts. Less rare, but still hard to find, is Somari. I've seen a bunch of them but never been willing to put up the cash for it. Perhaps harder to find is the unhacked Somari, that is, the version with Sonic instead of Mario. I think I'm about to have my hands on one of those soon, too.

MaxXimus

I saw a Famicom game on ebay go for 9.98 on ebay with $6.00 EMS shipping. I didn't think it was rare, so I didn't bid on it... That sucks... :S

planet_haxxor

Quote from: JC on February 16, 2008, 09:52:23 pm
Quote from: planet_haxxor on February 16, 2008, 09:31:13 pm

I'd tell you, but then that would tip you off. ;D One of them is Recca, which isn't the rarest pirate out there, but certainly hard to find. I've only ever seen two, and both of them weren't for sale. Another hard one to find is Boogerman, but I'm a week away from purchasing two Boogerman carts. Less rare, but still hard to find, is Somari. I've seen a bunch of them but never been willing to put up the cash for it. Perhaps harder to find is the unhacked Somari, that is, the version with Sonic instead of Mario. I think I'm about to have my hands on one of those soon, too.

let me know how it pans out. I can probably pick up boogerman and somari, though for the life of me I can't remember where I saw these. how do I identify an unhacked somari? is it possible by label?

MaxXimus

An unhacked Somari is just Sonic the Hedgehog for the Famicom.

JC

There are at least three versions of Sonic the Hedgehog. Two unhacked, and the other is Somari. You can really only be sure by checking the gameplay. No Mario = !!!

MaxXimus

As I said, I saw a Sonic cart go for dirt cheap on ebay.

slavco

Hello all!
Got this lovely boxed AV Famicom with 19 games for 112$. Can't wait for mail..  ;)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280199486394&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching

JC

Pretty good price. Congrats. :)

MaxXimus

I'd like to own an AV Famicom some time. Hell. I'd like to own a lot of famicoms in the future. That includes those beautiful clones :) I love them so! :D

planet_haxxor

Quote from: JC on February 17, 2008, 09:07:05 am
There are at least three versions of Sonic the Hedgehog. Two unhacked, and the other is Somari. You can really only be sure by checking the gameplay. No Mario = !!!

wanted to go back over this - I've read about sonic sonic 3d blast 5 and 6 - not the same thing you're mentioning here right?

Paul-FC