Finds (Famicom/FDS)

Started by Alex930, July 30, 2006, 12:09:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mo

Quote from: NintendoKing on March 10, 2008, 05:42:47 pm
The cuts for the AV were done quite shotty looking. I have not AV moded any of my famicoms as it lowers their worth substantially.

I know but I really wanted a mint - not faded Famicom with AV for playing on.
Plant you, feed you, grow you like a flower, like NINTENDO now you're playing with power!!

JC

Quote from: 133MHz on March 10, 2008, 09:26:56 am
Is Dance Dance Revolution the one which comes with those DDR-pad type Famiclones?

I would assume it is. I've never seen the DDR-pad types. I've only seen the cart version online here and there, but never for sale.

Quote from: popibros1 on March 11, 2008, 03:18:24 pm
Dian Shi Ma Li (Mario Lottery)

What's this one do?

133MHz

From the game:

PUSH START TO RICH XD

Paul-FC

Quote from: 133MHz on March 11, 2008, 08:38:34 pm
From the game:

PUSH START TO RICH XD

I am pressing the star button BUT I AM NOT GETTING RICH  :)

ericj

March 12, 2008, 07:27:39 pm #530 Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 07:41:00 pm by ericj
Just won a CIB Basic Keyboard for $35 and $28 shipping on ebay! Yay!
Now I guess I gotta figure out what it does!  :P

Mr. Gimmick

I'm very excited. I just won a copy of snow bros for the famicom. I heard this game was very rare, and I love the NES version so I figured I'd pick it up. Bought it for only $10 shipped. Good deal?
I want your CIB PAL Gimmick!
http://mrgimmick.proboards80.com/index.cgi

Paul-FC

Mr. Gimmick

JC

Is it original? Is it CIB?

Mr. Gimmick

Its original, not cib unfortunately cart only

Mr. Gimmick

March 15, 2008, 06:17:52 pm #536 Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 08:08:54 pm by Mr. Gimmick
heres a pic of it ... Is it original or is it the pirated version?

JC

March 15, 2008, 08:40:16 pm #537 Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 08:49:18 pm by JC
It's definitely a pirate. The original has a white cart: HERE. The label looks like an exact of the real label or box or something. Pirates of Snow Bros. are pretty common. I'd put it's worth at no more than $5. I paid $2 for mine. The real thing, cart only, would probably be worth closer to $20.

--

Got some of my stuff today! Here's what I think:

Boogerman
(awesome, but I couldn't figure out how to navigate the second part of the first level!)

Bubble Bobble
(it's the FDS version! How can you tell: The selection screen doesn't have the password option and the EXTEND screen is all those cookie looking things instead of cookies/letters)

Dragon Ball Z 2
(crappy original fighter, but the dudes fly/jump at each other instead of walking/jumping -- that's a cool feature)

Fatal Fury 2
(crappiest fighter I've ever played; highly not recommended)

Fighter multicart (KOF '98, SF: 12 peoples, Mighty Final Fight)
(KOF is OK; SF is standard stuff)

Harry's Legend
(very cool original plaformer. I expected it to be a hack of that magic carpet game, but it's not! it's quite fun and the boss [same throughout it seems] gets harder and harder)

Kart Fighter
(second crappiest fighter I've ever played; I don't get why people want this game)

Lion King
(cool and just like the Genesis version, I think. Simba is cute as hell)

Mortal Kombat: 18 people
(typical but fun)

Mortal Kombat: 28 people
(typical and not as fun)

Power Rangers -- hack  :P
(boring, 'cause it's only a title screen hack)

Somari
(really fun, but I would prefer a version with Sonic instead of Mario)

Sonic the Hedgehog
(not unhacked Somari; a completely different version of Sonic -- really fun, but I already have this version)

Street Fighter: 12 peoples
(typical)

Mr. Gimmick

Onoez got ripped off then lol :P Well at least it'll be a fun game ...
BTW whats the easiest way to tell if a game is a pirate without knowing what the original looks like? By the way, it looks like it has a copyright date on the cart, is that usual for pirated games?

JC

Copyrights are very unusual on pirated carts. Usually you can tell a fake by its label, but in this case, the label is near perfect. So, with most pirates, the label will be overkill (holographic or have images that don't belong to the game [such as a 3D-looking Mario]) or there won't be a copyright or company name on the label. But, when the label looks real, you can usually tell by the shape of the cart. There are only 5 or 6 different shapes of carts. Taito carts have two shapes, Konami carts have two shapes, and then most carts have a similar shape. You just have to take time to look at legit carts to know the difference. Color also matters. While Famicom carts came in almost any color, pirates are usually an ugly neon green, mustard yellow or your standard black.