Finds (Famicom/FDS)

Started by Alex930, July 30, 2006, 12:09:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Tupin

Not Super Mario Bros. 3, and I can guarantee that.  :D

Jeez, that's a lot of FDS pirates.

nintendodork

It never really made any sense to me why SMB3 wasn't on a disk...if SMB and SMB2 both were...
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

Tupin

Nintendo really wanted to get away from the Disk System by 1988, the system wasn't even on shelves within a year after Mario 3 was released in Japan.

UglyJoe

Quote from: nintendodork on February 23, 2009, 02:39:26 pm
It never really made any sense to me why SMB3 wasn't on a disk...if SMB and SMB2 both were...

SMB3 uses an expansion chip, which FDS games are incapable of using.  If SMB3 were released on the FDS, it would have had to have been a much simpler game.

nintendodork

Oh, I figured it would've been able to..considering the FDS was so awesome, and because it could produce extra sound..but oh well.

Also, why hasn't JC posted anything in any of the Finds threads yet? ???
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

Paul-FC

February 23, 2009, 04:21:58 pm #1055 Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 05:56:04 pm by popibros1
Quote from: nintendodork on February 23, 2009, 02:57:25 pm

jeez man he just got back.... give him some space

nintendodork

I know Manuel is eager about his coming back too.

Rogles

( ยด_ゝ`)

turbo D

I bought from that rock lock before. Extremely loooong shipping times. I did get a good deal however and was pretty happy with the product. I had bought some pc engine control pads and a tap from him. They all worked, but they were dirty and the tap had an unmentioned gouge.
FC HVC-001 HC4593710 CPU-GPM-02 1989
FDS HVC-022 D1072158 FD7201P 6602 + new belt!
My FF setup!

JC

Quote from: nintendodork on February 23, 2009, 02:57:25 pm

Here ya go...it actually seems to be cheaper to get stuff online than in person in these countries, for the most part. I didn't buy anything in Japan because all the games were too expensive, except Baseball, etc. (I'll post a few store/game pics later.) I bought two games in Korea, because I only wanted Korean exclusives, though I regret not buying Decathlon which is an unlicensed original import. And I bought about 10 games in Taiwan and a couple were thrown in for "free" -- crappy ones.

The Korean games were 5,000 won each, so about $3.50 each. I think one's Korean Igo (?) -- it's just Go. And the other is The General's Son, a fighter. The Chinese games were about $7 each. The same price I'd pay online. I ended up buying only games I couldn't find online. The two free games was pirated Jurassic Boy 2 by Sachen and Image Fight.

manuel

You certainly didn't find the right shops in Tokyo. You probably went to the overpriced ones.  :D

JC

Probably right. I knew nothing about video game shops in Tokyo until I arrived and visited a few. They had stacks of games like Hitler no Fukkatsu; all the good games were like $25-40 (and therefore mostly cheaper online). At least Japan had game shops. Korea and Taiwan didn't, from what I saw. The place I got the games in Taiwan was an open air market, and it was just a stand set up in a side alley.

nintendodork

I...wanted...Hitler no Fukkatsu...

Also, what's on the carts with Pikachu, Meowth, and Squirtle?  Same for the one with Dragonite...and that sparklish one...they look interesting
and the Raikou one... :P I'm curious

JC

They're Chinese RPGs that steal bits and pieces from other games and use the same basic RPG engine. They're really subpar and impossible to play if you don't know Chinese. I've bought about 20 of these Chinese games and only found one that's not an RPG. I'll keep looking.

Tupin

Today, I got Family Stadium '87 and Ultraman: Kaijuu Teikoku no Gyakkushuu.

The Ultraman is really Mahjong>:(