Finds (Famicom/FDS)

Started by Alex930, July 30, 2006, 12:09:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Jedi Master Baiter

The converters arrived quicker than expected:

Link

Usually items from Canada are delayed.

Anyways, the seller lied! There weren't 4 converters! >:( There were 5! :) Wait, let me make sure... yep, 5.

In addition to the 3 unlabeled cartridges were 2 more, labeled cartridges! :o Wait, let me make sure... yep, 5.

A winner is me. :)

But it's late now & I need to go to sleep.  Tomorrow I'll be at school all day, & when I get back I need to prepare for drill weekend in which we'll be staying out in the field.

So I won't have time to play these until Sunday night, or Monday.

madman

I just picked up over 20 issues of the Japanese mook "Backup Technique" which was the premiere console hacking magazine back in the day.  There's all kinds of crazy projects for Famicom and other consoles/computers in it, most of which the Western world has never even heard of.  All the issues were 500 Yen....EMS shipping to the US is going to be about US$100 :(

JC

Cool find, madman. You better let us know what you find out from the mags.

And Jedi, don't forget to tell us if you find anything cool on those carts.

madman

The 3 issues I have right now have a few crazy things.  There's a lot of FDS copying/hacking stuff in them.  There's also plans for a MIDI interface for the Famicom.  Totally insane that they made this thing.  Another thing is an audio mod that allows some additional audio controls on the Famicom.  I'm not sure if the newer issues I'm getting will have much Famicom stuff, might be more Super Famicom related.

Jedi Master Baiter

The verdict is in!

There's nothing too interesting:

Looking at the auction:

httpt://cgi.egay.com/wtfisthis/eBayICUPI.dll?Longeffingurlname

The black cartridge with the ripped off label is SMB3, which is perfect because I've always wanted to try out this game but not actually keep it. ;D

The one with the Canada flag is the same 63 in 1 featured in the Pirated section.

The blue cartridge is a 110 in 1.  Again, the same one in the Pirated section.

As for these other two:

The 31 in 1 has some common games in it & features a nice select screen ripped off of the Famicom Disk System startup... with snappy music.

The 110 in 1 is the same, but it took me a while to realize that it was an NES game. :P I'm keeping that one.

I'll sell the 31 in 1 for 5 dollars to anyone who wants to do a review of it for the Pirated section... I don't feel like doing it.

FamicomFreak

Quote from: Jedi QuestMaster on April 16, 2007, 11:04:13 pm
The verdict is in!

There's nothing too interesting:

Looking at the auction:

httpt://cgi.egay.com/wtfisthis/eBayICUPI.dll?Longeffingurlname

The black cartridge with the ripped off label is SMB3, which is perfect because I've always wanted to try out this game but not actually keep it. ;D

The one with the Canada flag is the same 63 in 1 featured in the Pirated section.

The blue cartridge is a 110 in 1.  Again, the same one in the Pirated section.

As for these other two:

The 31 in 1 has some common games in it & features a nice select screen ripped off of the Famicom Disk System startup... with snappy music.

The 110 in 1 is the same, but it took me a while to realize that it was an NES game. :P I'm keeping that one.

I'll sell the 31 in 1 for 5 dollars to anyone who wants to do a review of it for the Pirated section... I don't feel like doing it.

I'll buy it. Can you wait until friday for payment?
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

Jedi Master Baiter

madman

I got the issues of Backup Technique today.  They look brand new, but smell like they've been in a storage locker :(  Maybe they'll air out. 

Anyhow, in the 2 issues I looked at so far there are a few interesting Famicom things.  One issue has reviews of a bunch of pirate originals, including many of the SF2s and a ton of Mario hacks.  The other has reviews of a bunch of pirate Famicom clones, many of which I've ever seen before.  The first few pages are color slicks with some really nice pics of the stuff.  There's also a section on making your own selectable ROM board (pretty lame), as well as replacing the ROMs with EPROMs and burning your own ROMs.  They also showed some stuff about the internals of pirate XX in 1 games.

SNES is the main focus in the two issues I got, there is some crazy stuff in these.

JC

Quote from: madman on April 17, 2007, 02:45:22 pm
They look brand new, but smell like they've been in a storage locker :(  Maybe they'll air out.

I've noticed that just about everything I get from Japan has a smell, kinda musty, as if that's what Japan's closets and storage bins smell like.

Quote from: madman on April 17, 2007, 02:45:22 pm
One issue has reviews of a bunch of pirate originals, including many of the SF2s and a ton of Mario hacks.

It'd be cool to hear more about these reviews. Any hacks you haven't seen before?

vealchop

QuoteI've noticed that just about everything I get from Japan has a smell, kinda musty, as if that's what Japan's closets and storage bins smell like.

haha i've noticed the same thing!  :D
-chop

satoshi_matrix

FamicomFreak can you please give me a list of the 31 in 1? If you still have it I'll double your offer and buy it from you for $10. I assume you want to do it through ebay? Where are you located for shipping prices? I'm Canadian.   

FamicomFreak

Quote from: satoshi_matrix on April 20, 2007, 08:31:07 pm
FamicomFreak can you please give me a list of the 31 in 1? If you still have it I'll double your offer and buy it from you for $10. I assume you want to do it through ebay? Where are you located for shipping prices? I'm Canadian.   

Well I just paid for it today but I'll create a list about it as soon as I get it.

FamicomFreak

Just won this the other day. Still waiting for it.

madman

I've got one from that same company, I think it has a couple of the same games.

vealchop

got these for 9 bucks, is this the whole "FDS blue card" set?

-chop