Famicom Destroyed

Started by Pikkon, December 08, 2011, 03:52:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pikkon

December 08, 2011, 03:52:57 am Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 04:03:59 am by Pikkon
I know its all in good fun but man that poor fami.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfYPCdTslqA&feature=g-all

lobdale

Painful to watch, and not because of the hardware getting ripped apart.

Xious

December 08, 2011, 04:51:11 am #2 Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 04:57:32 am by Xious
That was positively absurd. There was zero reason to cut any of the wires that he cut, and also zero reason to clip the housing on the NES... Aside from that, a basic amount of applied logic would illustrate how these components will not merely fit together if you swap the housings.

I can guess that this guy has never head of calipers, or a ruler, or a piece of string. Clearly he also didn't bother to open the bleedin' controller housings to examine the wire colours internally (e.g. on the controller PCBs). I suppose he'd need a hack saw and a chisel to achieve that anyhow, given that he pried open a NES without the appropriate bit. Simply, complete rubbish, in all aspects. I also don't desire to see clips of some random person futzing with his kids.

In fact, no part of what he did is in any way 'normal 'for this type of work: It's a perfect illustration on both why the uninitiated should not start console mods of any kind, and why people shouldn't make random YouTue videos of themselves, as it merely makes you look like a complete tool.

'That's right: You saw it here first!' ...Indeed, we certainly have. :bomb:

crade

Quote from: Xious on December 08, 2011, 04:51:11 am
In fact, no part of what he did is in any way 'normal 'for this type of work: It's a perfect illustration on both why the uninitiated should not start console mods of any kind, and why people shouldn't make random YouTue videos of themselves, as it merely makes you look like a complete tool.

Bah, if your always scared of looking like a tool you never get to do anything fun!  I'm with this guy, jump in with both feet and if the waters too deep, learn to swim fast! :)
GRRR!

punkpolitical

December 08, 2011, 08:44:35 am #4 Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 09:19:37 am by punkpolitical
This guy is a complete idiot. He has no sense. He did not have to cut those wires................He could have looked on the internet for a wire diagram but that would be way to logical for this guy lol! He could have at least done some homework on the nes & famicom before doing this.
Bad Hobbyist!!

I was grinding my teeth as i watched this grueling video.

Whatever it is his loss.  

security16

God that was painful to watch! I've opened up my famicom and saw immediately that the controllers could be disconnected from the main board! I just couldn't bring myself to watch the whole thing knowing that "fixing" things on the carpet is a great way to kill your components with static as i have done many times being lazy! I really could have done with that famicom and the toploader NES and not destroyed them!!

petik1

WHY THE FUCK WOULD SOMEONE EVER ON GODS GREEN EARTH PREFORM A MOD WITHOUT KNOWING WHAT THE FUCK HE WAS DOING AND DESTROY TWO PERFECTLY GOOD NINTENDO SYSTEMS. HOW THE FUCK DO YOU HAVE THAT BIG OF A COLLECTION AND NOT HAVE A BIT OF LOGIC.

Pikkon

Xious

i don't understand he entire YouTube ratings war, as nobody gains anything from it, save the advertisers and YouTube themselves. Why do people care about how many views they have? people do these stupid things just to increase viewing figures, with zero actual gain.  :bomb:

NintendoKing

I feel for the poor NES Toploader, as I accidentally broke one once but intentially killing a slightly rare console now that's just madness.

petik1

I don't even know what he thought he was doing. Was he trying  to swap the boards?

BasiliskFang