March 28, 2024, 12:03:14 pm

Weather today

Started by 80sFREAK, December 15, 2011, 05:14:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pancakes

Light flurries with some wind, it's a little cold here. I can't say I'm a fan of this weather, I hope it warms up soon!  :mario:

Algo Fonix

I keep having to remind myself that it's Winter. It feels more like early Spring right now.

son_ov_hades

It's a gorgeous 72F here in New Jersey.

nintendodork

It's in the low 60s over in southwest Iowa.  Great day to start tennis season. :)
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

manuel

Sunny!
Finally!! (After 2 weeks of cloudy rainy weather!)

manuel

Rainy and cloudy again.
It seems we get 1 day of sun followed by 2-3 days of clouds/rain. I hate that.  >:(
I understand that rain is necessary, but too much is too much.  :'(

security16

Yesterday places around my hometown were flooded! I haven't seen flooding that bad since the late 80's though it wasn't quite as deep as back then. Today was sunny but it's looking like it will piss down rain any minute now.

Kiddo

Finally summer comes to Iceland. We had the annual "First day of summer" yesterday, and today there is no wind and lots of sun. Almost T-Shirt weather :)
(although I understand T-Shirt weather here can be considered winter clothing weather in most other places, hehe ;) )

Quote from: security16 on April 20, 2012, 01:58:53 am
Yesterday places around my hometown were flooded! I haven't seen flooding that bad since the late 80's though it wasn't quite as deep as back then. Today was sunny but it's looking like it will piss down rain any minute now.

Oof, not good to hear. I hope you and your son are alright. Although I must admit I have always found natural disasters kinda fascinating, almost exciting. But not when some one gets hurt though.

son_ov_hades

Quote from: Kiddo on April 20, 2012, 12:20:55 pm
Finally summer comes to Iceland. We had the annual "First day of summer" yesterday, and today there is no wind and lots of sun. Almost T-Shirt weather :)
(although I understand T-Shirt weather here can be considered winter clothing weather in most other places, hehe ;) )

Something about this really makes me wanna go to Iceland. I really only like the cold for about a day though...it'll have to be a short trip.  :P

tonev

Is in US extremely hot as they say on the news? And is it true that a lot of people are without electricity because of a storm?
I am back everyone :)

Cheetahmen

16 degrees and very cloudy for the past week or so. ;D
Life is too short to be little.
Twitter | DeviantArt | Youtube | Twitch

GohanX

I'm on the East Coast US, and yeah, record high temperatures here. Normally, we only break 100 degrees maybe 3 times a year, and it looks like we're going to have a full week of 100+ temps.

I mostly missed the storm, but it got really windy and blew stuff all over my yard. The weather map looked really bad for places north of here. I haven't checked the news today, but that storm streched for hundreds of miles, I'm sure it messed some stuff up.

petik1

I got a lot of the storm, and I have two down trees.

UglyJoe

My parents are in South Jersey and had a big tree in their backyard get uprooted -- fell into the neighbor's yard and nobody was hurt.  Apparently there are lots and lots of downed trees and almost nobody has power.

I think most of the local news sources are also out of power because they aren't really covering the aftermath of the storm.  The most I could find were some pictures on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/nbc40weather/media/grid

nintendodork

It always gets pretty hot in Iowa during the summer. A couple days ago it got up to 106F I think, but it's nothing we haven't seen before.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat