Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 16, 2019, 05:04:00 PM
Home Famicom World Search Calendar Login Register

+  Famicom World
|-+  Family Computer
| |-+  Technical & Repair Assistance (Moderators: manuel, L___E___T)
| | |-+  Famicom AC-Adapter and General Power F.A.Q.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] Print
Author Topic: Famicom AC-Adapter and General Power F.A.Q.  (Read 306440 times)
P
FamicomBox
Sweden Sweden

« Reply #240 on: July 22, 2019, 07:39:22 AM »

10V DC output and center negative, yes it should be safe for Famicom and AV Famicom. It must be used in a country with 110 V coming from the wall socket.

snibbermekimbers
Famiclone

« Reply #241 on: July 22, 2019, 03:18:57 PM »

Thanks P, not gonna risk it so getting a sega model 1. Thanks tho!
pxlbluejay
Famicom
Korea, Republic of Korea, Republic of

« Reply #242 on: July 24, 2019, 09:23:41 AM »

I have a famicom which is still untested. Well, I don't think I can use the original adapter that came with it because i am in 220v territory, and i found another adapter. however, the voltage is 12 volts with the amperage of 1500mA. Is this way to high to be used with a famicom? It did fit perfectly... Help

Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda. The NES and the Famicom themselves. These are well known after more than 30 years after their releases. I highly doubt that Fortnite, PUBG, or any other modern-day game will be as well known in 2050.
Pikkon
Twin Famicom
United States United States

Octoroc Hunter

« Reply #243 on: July 24, 2019, 12:24:33 PM »

Higher amps are fine but you need to make sure the psu is outer positive and center negative or you could damage your famicom.

If you want to be safe a mega drive model 1 ac adapter will work just fine.
FAMICOM_87
Twin Famicom
Bulgaria Bulgaria

« Reply #244 on: July 24, 2019, 02:06:44 PM »

12v is fine ,but 9V is better to reduce the heat. Fire!
About the amps, everything above 850mA is ok (for example 1.5A, 1A, 2A and so on)
the critical think is that the center pin have to be negative , and of course the power have to be DC!
pxlbluejay
Famicom

« Reply #245 on: July 24, 2019, 11:37:22 PM »

i thought it had to be ac...
that's what it says on the original one.
Anyways, if the center pin is negative and it's either ac or dc(the correct one), it should be fine to test it to see if it works?
Edit: My bad-It's DC...

Post Merge: July 25, 2019, 01:40:18 AM
Okay, the adapter doesn't tell me whether it's center pole negative NEITHER does it tell me that it's DC. It just says that its output voltage and amperage is 12V and 1500mA, respectively. It does say 'Household Electronics Adapter'
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 01:40:18 AM by pxlbluejay » Logged

Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda. The NES and the Famicom themselves. These are well known after more than 30 years after their releases. I highly doubt that Fortnite, PUBG, or any other modern-day game will be as well known in 2050.
P
FamicomBox
Sweden Sweden

« Reply #246 on: July 25, 2019, 08:29:40 AM »

You must be sure of DC output and polarity before you test it or you'll blow it.
It doesn't say 12 V DC at output? Or it might say AC-DC somewhere (meaning it converts AC to DC)? It may also have a DC mark at the output, it looks like this: ⎓​
For polarity there usually is a marking that looks something like this:

+ ---- C ---- -

This means the center part is negative and the outer barrel is positive. Center positive are more common though so don't take any chances.

I think 12 V is technically within the tolerance of the voltage regulator, but as people have said in the past it might not be within the tolerance of the Famicom design (it might not be designed to handle the extra heat). I say look for another adapter that you are sure has the correct specs.

FAMICOM_87
Twin Famicom
Bulgaria Bulgaria

« Reply #247 on: July 25, 2019, 02:06:43 PM »

get multi-meter and measure the polarity to be sure and safe Cheesy
pxlbluejay
Famicom

« Reply #248 on: July 26, 2019, 04:00:15 AM »

Nup!
It's got none of those Embarrassed

Pikkon
Twin Famicom
United States United States

Octoroc Hunter

« Reply #249 on: July 26, 2019, 09:27:59 AM »

Most likely your ac adapter is standard with outer negative and center positive.

I already said a safe one to use or you could grab one of these as well.
https://en.retrogamesupply.com/collections/nintendo/products/power-supply-for-nintendo-famicom
pxlbluejay
Famicom

« Reply #250 on: July 27, 2019, 06:08:47 AM »

Nah, I think I'll juat wait till I'm back in the US in about a month and I'll test it there since I have a 2 in 1 adapter for the fc and the sfc...

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: