Ultimate Journey Info/Your most wanted UNRELEASED Famicom/NES game?

Started by Parodius Duh, January 13, 2012, 12:48:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Parodius Duh

Okay what is everyones most wanted unreleased game that has yet to be found? It has to be a unique title and you cant pick something that Was released in Japan but not the US and vice versa....

For me, It would be "Ultimate Journey" This game had a big write up in EGM and looked amazing! Supposedly it was along the lines of Ninja Gaiden. You are a Native American chief who sets out to hunt down an Evil wizard who has used black magic to slaughter your village! You would have had the ability to turn into a Dolphin or an Eagle and as the game progresses your head dress gets bigger and bigger! It seems as though this game was pretty much complete or fully completed, as there is a TON of screenshots, unfortunately a prototype has never been found. This was developed by Bandai and judging by the title screen it seems it was developed by "Bandai America INC" and could have ended up their best NES title to date....

dukbrand

Hellraiser

QuoteHellraiser is the first game to use advanced technology that pushes the NES further than ever before. Experience the pleasure of 16-bit performance. Experience the pain of Clive Barker's Hellraiser. Can you locate the strange cubes that open doorways to a dark realm? Can you solve the puzzle of the Lament Configuration? Pinhead, the Cenobites, and all of Hell know the answer. From the darkness far away laughter echoes.

stealthlurker

I wish they had an official cart release of Felix the Cat on the famicom. I have a famicom pirate cart of it but it's not the same.  :(

However, I did find a picture of a famicom flyer for Felix the Cat. Don't know if it was a fake or it was considered but just cancelled.

satoshi_matrix

Nothing for the NES, but I do really want the Resident Evil demake on GBC that Capcom cruelly cancelled on me :'(

NintendoKing

Uninvited II, a planned sequel that never made its way part the planning stage but I wish it had as the original is one of my favorite videogames.

mrdomino

Armadillo 2, personally. No idea how much work was done on it, but there was a flyer at least. AFAIK the Game Boy spinoff Armadillo Gaiden became Ultraman Ball, but Armadillo 2 disappeared entirely.
some of my stuff: twitter // super multi // handheld underground

Parodius Duh

Quote from: stealthlurker on January 14, 2012, 08:48:27 pm
I wish they had an official cart release of Felix the Cat on the famicom. I have a famicom pirate cart of it but it's not the same.  :(

However, I did find a picture of a famicom flyer for Felix the Cat. Don't know if it was a fake or it was considered but just cancelled.

that doesnt count since it was released in America. must pick something ENTIRELY unreleased everywhere....

Post Merge: January 15, 2012, 08:18:51 am

Quote from: mrdomino on January 15, 2012, 06:22:00 am
Armadillo 2, personally. No idea how much work was done on it, but there was a flyer at least. AFAIK the Game Boy spinoff Armadillo Gaiden became Ultraman Ball, but Armadillo 2 disappeared entirely.

Ahhh, this would be my 2nd choice! There were quite a few screenshots released, so maybe it got pretty far along in development. I wonder if any Japanese collectors own the prototype...

L___E___T

I think Hellraiser's pushing it, since they barely spent time developing the game...  (title screens used to get developed early on in those days btw)
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

untinip

I'd love to see Armadillo 2 too! I love the first game!  ;D

FamicomFreak

Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com