What do you think about having a swear/censor system?

Started by tonev, January 23, 2012, 05:29:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tonev

What do you think about having a swear/censor system?
I looked at all the rules for posting and never saw anything about swearing... i think it will be a good idea to censor some words and replace them with *** for example. I think i should not be able to post f**k or v****a or other unappropriated words for a forum like this one.
I am back everyone :)

ericj

I don't like the idea of censoring language. They're just words, right? Nothing we all haven't heard and used before.

petik1

If you're not accustomed to seeing curse words, you have no business on the internet.

Edit: Fuck shit, bitch.

son_ov_hades

This is not a children's forum so why the fuck should I be censored? What's the big fuckin deal bitch?

:P

Parodius Duh

Seriously? sometimes swearing is necessary. Were all adults here, and anyone registering as 18 who is not 18 is breaking the law.  Simple as that.

FYI, Vagina is not a curse word Tonev, its a part of the female anatomy  ;)

tonev

Dunno but it is censored in the chat in some games  ;D
I am back everyone :)

fredJ

I found this option recently in the profile page:
* Leave words uncensored.
What is that?
Selling  Japanese games in Sweden since 2011 (as "japanspel").
blog: http://japanspel.blogspot.com

UglyJoe

If we did censor things, I'm guessing it would let you see things uncensored.

lobdale

Drakon

MS-DOS4

Kids swear an ungodly amount these days anyway. Also, this isn't much of a place for children to hang out. The Famicom doesn't seem to be that well known outside of it's country of origin, therefor FW mostly attracts adult collectors / electricians / old school gamers.
>>>Current Collection<<< Updated 8/20/2014

-Click here for Photobucket Collection-

petik1

What the fuck are you talking about?!?!? I fucking knew about the fucking Famicom when I fucking was fucking 13. Fuck the fuckers who don't fucking know. And don't fucking tell me that kids fucking swear too fucking much. Fuck you!!!!11!!!1!!1

This thread should be retitled "Swear General: Get it off you chest".

nintendodork

Quote from: Drakon on March 12, 2012, 06:52:16 am
How many 13 year olds play famicoms these days?
You'd be surprised. I joined this forum when I was 13 (I'll be 17 in May). There are several members who did the same (and a few who were younger...)
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

manuel

Yeah, and he was a fucking postwhore.  ;D (But still, his grammar and orthography were fucking good and correct!)
Now he's on the dark good side, being a responsible mod here.

nintendodork

Quote from: manuel on March 12, 2012, 06:32:04 pm
Yeah, and he was a fucking postwhore. ;D
Fucking goddamn right I shitting (just trying to cram more swears in here) was! You should all be glad I have some sort of a life now! :P
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat