Something You Learned Today

Started by Jedi Master Baiter, February 08, 2012, 12:08:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

manuel

Quote from: security16 on March 08, 2012, 07:25:46 pm
I learned that my spine is bent just a tad the wrong way now i have to go get xrays and stuff done
Funtiems!

Go to a Chinese chiropractor. He'll bend you in shape. (Watch old Kung Fu movies and you'll see how it's done... ;D) It might hurt, though.  :crazy:

Drakon

Today I learned how to convert cheap street fighter 2 arcade pcbs into different versions.  I converted my sf2 turbo pcb into rainbow edition, it seems that champion edition, turbo, rainbow, and a couple of other hacks are easy to convert between.

security16

Quote from: manuel on March 11, 2012, 06:01:55 am

Go to a Chinese chiropractor. He'll bend you in shape. (Watch old Kung Fu movies and you'll see how it's done... ;D) It might hurt, though.  :crazy:

I used to go to the chinese massage place and have them sort my ouchies out but lately i haven't been able to because i've got the wiggly one and he won't stay still while i'm getting sorted out !!

I learnt today that i need to learn how circuits and all that stuff work

UglyJoe

You can use "overflow: auto" on the containing element to clear floating elements!  How long has this been a thing!?

manuel

I learned yesterday when I did my taxes that the tax allowance for dependents under 16 (about $4600!!!) was canceled completely. And I'm pissed!  >:(
This is a huge tax increase! Politicians are all crooks! No exceptions!

Japan always complains about people not having children and then they raise taxes for people with children? WTF?!

Drakon

Today I learned that manuel has kid(s).

manuel

Yeah, Drakon, I have 4 year old son.  :)

I claimed as much as possible, even 1/4 of my apartment rent as "home office".
Still, removing that dependents' allowance is huge!

petik1

Wait, they tax you for having children? I think in America, you get tax write-offs for having kids.

Spoiler
That's the only reason my mother wanted custody of me  :-X
[close]

manuel

Quote from: petik1 on March 13, 2012, 05:30:31 pm
Wait, they tax you for having children? I think in America, you get tax write-offs for having kids.

Yes, indeed!
Until last year I could write off 380,000 Yen for my son.
And 380,000 Yen for my wife.
That's good.

This year I couldn't write off that amount for my son any more (and there are talks about nixing the write off for spouses in the coming years, too).
Not being able to write off 380,000 Yen means that my taxable income practically increased by 380,000 Yen, resulting in higher taxes (income tax, municipal tax, city tax), higher insurance payments, higher daycare payments (for my son).
Yet for people without kids nothing changed.
And that's the most stupid thing I have ever heard. I want to punch the responsible politicians somewhere...

security16

That sucks Manuel it really does!!

I learnt that i cannot resist all things tekkaman blade related! I pre-ordered a new blade action figure i'm going to hug it and squeeze it and call it d boy!!

manuel

I learned today that amazon isn't as fast as they used to be. I'm still waiting for my frequency splitter. (My new TV should be here any minute now...)

security16

I learnt that there is a wonderful feeling you get when you put your shapewear undies on and they are loose!!!

Jedi Master Baiter

I learned that catholic is an improper adjective.

All this time! :o

nintendodork

TIL the origin of the term "getting the shaft" from my psychology teacher. Not nearly as perverse as me or any of my friends thought...
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

manuel