Something You Learned Today

Started by Jedi Master Baiter, February 08, 2012, 12:08:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

security16

I'm going to give it a second shot later and possibly do a video of the whole thing just to see if it wasn't a fluke

nintendodork

I don't believe you that it happened in the first place. :P That sort of thing can't happen as a "fluke."
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

security16

Oh i love it and i know the husband is silly enough not to be able to figure it out but i won't till he does something horrendously stupid again!

Drakon

I learned that the very original model of the super famicom came with a video encoder that was later replaced by a newer video encoder by the time the sfc was released in other countries.  I have one of these ultra old sfcs and learned that the component video from that encoder is absolute garbage quality.  Luckily the component video from the later s-enc encoders is just fine which is something else I discovered today.

232stinger

45's sound really demonic when played as at 33 rpms.   (records, that is)

son_ov_hades

Ever tried to play a 78 at 33? The results are hilarious.  ;D

Drakon

I learned that in certain older consoles voltage was wired into the rgb lines making the picture way more muddy.  Theoretically this was done to get the voltage high enough for old video encoders.  New video encoders don't need this sort of voltage so if you wire up a newer encoder you can disconnect the voltage and get a much higher quality image.

famifan

Quote from: Drakon on May 11, 2012, 05:33:41 am
I learned that in certain older consoles voltage was wired into the rgb lines making the picture way more muddy.  Theoretically this was done to get the voltage high enough for old video encoders.  New video encoders don't need this sort of voltage so if you wire up a newer encoder you can disconnect the voltage and get a much higher quality image.

are you talking about the DC component? you can easily remove it by passing signal thru the capacitor

ramidavis

I learned that i have no idea what bit-shifting is, or how to use it, especially in C++.
I also learned that i pretty much fail C++, and that C++ is probably not going to be my preferred coding language.
You'll find a nice little rant on the whole situation in my thread "noob friendly programming language" ;)

Drakon

A few days ago I learned how to 95% get rid of all the video distortion in the s-video signal from my model 1 sega genesis (yay)

petik1

I learned that Miyamoto was a smoker and gambler  :o

QuoteI used to play pachinko many years ago, but that stopped when I started swimming. Simply swimming without thinking about anything except how demanding it was had a similar effect to the stress relief I got from pachinko, which enabled me to escape the cycle of worries I had. Another thing I managed after quitting pachinko, was to stop smoking which also lead to better fitness. To be completely honest though, I don't really like being thought of as such a serious person. I mean, I didn't drink in the first place, and on top of that, I managed to quit smoking and get actively involved in doing sports, so I must seem like some kind of a role model!

petik1

Double post! I found out that Goldeneye has a dual analog mode. It's glorious.

Jedi Master Baiter

The NES version of Rainbow Islands is only 1 player?! :o What the beans?

Cheetahmen

Quote from: Jedi QuestMaster on August 11, 2012, 07:13:12 pm
The NES version of Rainbow Islands is only 1 player?! :o What the beans?
The European version has 2 player. ;)
Life is too short to be little.
Twitter | DeviantArt | Youtube | Twitch