Something You Learned Today

Started by Jedi Master Baiter, February 08, 2012, 12:08:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheetahmen

Quote from: L___E___T on April 06, 2013, 07:22:40 am
The weather in England is getting progressively worse each year.  Last 5 years gave us snow in March.
This year?  Make that snow in April.  I was shocked when I woke up and saw a sunny day today.
I don't see any snow. ??? Then again, I'm glad that in recent years, the Summer's not boiling hot like it used to be.
Life is too short to be little.
Twitter | DeviantArt | Youtube | Twitch

L___E___T

It snowed about a couple of days ago here in London.  Real snow too, not that dandruff pretense.  We had a cold spell over Easter in South England but right now it's sunny and hoping that's it.

This was Derbyshire a little while ago:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-22044883

Scotland's been even worse - animals kept outside have died from the cold.  It's supposed to be Spring dammit! :S
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

famifan

my new moped top speed is really 45km/h just like it was advertised in owner's manual :-\

manuel

Aren't there ways to change that?

L___E___T

Yeah, everyone I know that had one derestricted their mopeds.  My brother's used to get to 70 mph with a bit of extra tuning.
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

famifan

it's only 50cc. I can exchange the dynamics for the top speed by replacing sprockets and possibly with the engine life decreasing. Not sure what i want : the dynamics or the top speed :-[

80sFREAK

Quote from: manuel on April 06, 2013, 05:23:35 pm
Aren't there ways to change that?
It depends. I don't watch speedo, just riding  8)
I don't buy, sell or trade at moment.
But my question is how hackers at that time were able to hack those games?(c)krzy

L___E___T

Usually the restriction is in the exhaust - taking that out makes a big difference.  If you can get an induction kit, slot that in and lastly look to expand the barrel a little.  These three things got my brother's Aprilia 50cc scooter to a top speed of 65-70, but it was scary to ride because the wheels are small and you could feel the chassis flexing under full throttle.  What's more, drum brake on back and one disk on front wasn't up to the task of slowing it down quickly enough.

If it's a new scooter or something sporty - I'd recommend it but if it's just a run around or something older, check the exhaust and de-restrict only that.
They have to be limited to that speed over here at time of sale, but it's legal for any mechanic to do the quick steps I've outlined above.

Most of all ride safely  -  a minor accident on a scooter is a major one.  We need you around these boards, don't overdo it! :D
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

80sFREAK

Pfff... once upon a time chinese 50cc folded under me  8) I'm still alive  ;D
I don't buy, sell or trade at moment.
But my question is how hackers at that time were able to hack those games?(c)krzy

famifan

April 09, 2013, 07:06:08 am #99 Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 07:38:21 am by famifan
according to the news 500 tons of international postal items got stuck at russian customs. No wondering why i didn't get jan-february items ;D

Post Merge: April 09, 2013, 07:38:21 am

Quote from: L___E___T on April 08, 2013, 04:42:36 am
Most of all ride safely  -  a minor accident on a scooter is a major one.  We need you around these boards, don't overdo it! :D

absolutely. I'm escaping high traffic roads and prefer riding among the fields, forests, lakes :bub:

UglyJoe

The Roy Orbison song "Life Fades Away" was written by Glenn Danzig. 

To put it another way, the guy who sang "Pretty Woman" recorded a song written by the guy from The Misfits.

manuel

Quote from: famifan on April 09, 2013, 07:06:08 am
according to the news 500 tons of international postal items got stuck at russian customs. No wondering why i didn't get jan-february items ;D

Holy cr*p! 500 tons!  :o
Maybe they needed fire material because it was so cold.  :P

Jedi Master Baiter

I just found out about the dairy product, kumis. Now I wonder, where can I get some? ???

manuel

You should visit any import stores or stores that are specialized on foreign foods.

There's probably at least one in every major city around you.

Nightstar699

So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...