Something You Learned Today

Started by Jedi Master Baiter, February 08, 2012, 12:08:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

fcgamer

Quote from: smeghead on May 10, 2014, 03:07:07 am
I would love to live somewhere in Scandinavia! heard there is good standard and people get large salaries, i don't care if its cold there, i imagine those countries have beautiful nature and lot of healthy food!!

Spoiler
and the girls are pretty
[close]
:)

Yeah, I used to have some Danish lady friends, and they were all quite amazing.  But the women from your part of the world are also quite nice, Smeg.  ;)
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

smeghead

Croatian girls , i must agree  :P

top 10 our most attractive women!  :)

P

Quote from: smeghead on May 10, 2014, 03:07:07 am
I would love to live somewhere in Scandinavia! heard there is good standard and people get large salaries, i don't care if its cold there, i imagine those countries have beautiful nature and lot of healthy food!!

Spoiler
and the girls are pretty
[close]
:)

Large salaries compared to some other countries but it's also much more expensive to live here compared to those countries. The economy is pretty stable though (for now at least). Even if it's cold outside at winter we have modern houses with central heating so it's constantly around 20C in most houses in winter. In fact Japanese and Englishmen coming to Sweden are often amazed that it's actually warmer indoors in Sweden than indoors in their home countries during the winter. My foreign friends mostly all agree that the biggest problem isn't the cold but the fact that it gets dark early in the winter. Also you might perceive Scandinavians as being cold and very bad at small talk. There certainly are some recent "cultural hiccups" (sorry I don't know what to call it) that annoys even me although I'm genuinely Swedish.

I don't know about healthy food. It's probably not worse than let's say Germany but it's not like East Asia or South Europe either. Traditionally we eat very simple food including meat, fish, shellfish, potatoes, root vegetables, lingonberry jam, dairy products and dark bread (both hard and soft types). Nowdays young people often eat pizza and kebab mainly served at food joints run by Middle Eastern foreigners (which we like other West European countries have a lot of recently).

Spoiler
I guess the girls holds an OK standard of cuteness, but they are not as lady like as they used to be and as girls from many other countries tend to be.
[close]

Jedi Master Baiter

UglyJoe

Hanjuku Hero has a sound test

manuel

Windows 8 isn't so bad if you learn how to avoid using Metro and all its apps.

security16

Getting an IUD is like a pap smear with teeth. It's also much like getting harpooned in your ladyparts! Thankfully now i'm good for 10 years!

L___E___T

I learned that Peacocks can fly.  I guess it makes sense, but I've only seen them strut around.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

smeghead

That blowing candles on birthday cake can be realy bad for health (because of bacteries that coming from our mouth) ! 

fcgamer

Quote from: Jedi QuestMaster on May 20, 2014, 11:17:44 am
There is a Rambo Apple.

Oh, I know about the Summer Rambo.  I grew up in the country, apple orchards all around, so I've had a chance to eat these as well as many other kinds of apples.  As a result though, I hate eating apples that are not grown in Pennsylvania, which produces some of the best apples in the country.  Fuji apples of Japan, Washington apples, bleh 

P

Quote from: smeghead on May 29, 2014, 04:23:48 am
That blowing candles on birthday cake can be realy bad for health (because of bacteries that coming from our mouth) ! 

I doubt that, unless you have a sickness that infects via air. Bacteries must be coming from your mouth all the time when you talk. If blowing candles would be unhealthy than other things like eating from the same plate would be super bad.

smeghead

That the pillow we sleep on is full of mites, dead skin cells, fungis, feccal matters and microbes, so it should be cleaned or changed sleeve every few days!!

security16

I learned that Smeghead is probably going to develop OCD hand washing behaviours soon

fcgamer

Quote from: security16 on May 31, 2014, 05:16:24 am
I learned that Smeghead is probably going to develop OCD hand washing behaviours soon

Hahaha, that is no joking matter.  My brother has those problems.

For me, I don't worry about it, I am more like my dad.  Growing up in the country, we do all sorts of dirty stuff, eating food from the floor, not washing our hands properly, etc.  So if I haven't died from it by now, no use getting so worried about it these days.

MaxXimus

I totally stand by the 5 second rule lol