Something You Learned Today

Started by Jedi Master Baiter, February 08, 2012, 12:08:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

fcgamer

Quote from: zmaster18 on December 03, 2014, 02:47:57 am
I've majorly messed up my college, so you aren't the only one. School is not a race, you can only finish it when you're ready. Don't worry  ;)

I took 6 years to finish university and get a Bachelor's Degree.  I started out with a major in Computer Science, and I sucked in that field, and finally switched to MIS after wasting a year and a half in CS.  Then I was going to get an MIS degree, but during a study abroad to Germany (to fulfill the courses for my German minor), I had an epiphany, that I hated MIS too, and really wanted to study languages.  So I returned home, switched to English (I would have switched to German but they didn't offer it as a major subject) and spent the next few years kicking ass, finishing up an English degree.  I then graduated after six years, with a major in English, and minors in German, Business, and Computer Science, due to the classes I had taken ;)

The best part for me was that at the end of my studies (when I studied English) my outlook had changed so much from going in (from high school), and I was a much better student later.  I would write papers and my professors would always tell me that my papers were grad student quality, and my classmates' papers were often just in a totally different league, well a worse league.
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

Jedi Master Baiter

Operating a right-side driving vehicle isn't so hard. 8)

I still can't back up worth shit, though. :(

number47

How to make FOG Project Multicast mode imaging happen in Debian Linux.
Yeah.. it took some 4-5 days, but now I know.

number47

No supprise. For centuries you have had a possibility to consume liquid bread - if you know what I mean  ;)

smeghead

Mo-hd

Quote from: smeghead on January 17, 2015, 05:13:26 am
I learned this.

Hi.  ;D

On the scarf it say Miss Morals. it's not a beauty contest. Quotation ( This one is all about "inner beauty," pun intended. This young women were judged based on their achievements in school, home, social events, community service as well as religious duties ).  :D

L___E___T

Haha burn!  Nice come back Mo :)  Now if only Saudi women can be treated as humans somewhat on the same level as men, like this image would like to suggest.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

UglyJoe

AV Famicom was packaged without an AC adapter and AV cables.  Thanks, Famicom Dojo :D

famiac

February 21, 2015, 10:58:12 pm #339 Last Edit: November 05, 2022, 11:15:38 pm by famiac

zmaster18

I learned that learning 6502 assembly isn't as hard as I initially thought. I'm starting to get the hang of it and would love to pursue developing games.

fcgamer

I learned that those multi-purpose scanner / printer all-in-1 devices are mostly designed NOT to work if the ink cartridge is low, even if you are just using the scanner portion.  It seems to me, that is a great way to force people into purchasing overpriced ink cartridges, even if they rarely print and just want to scan documents.
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

UglyJoe

Printers in general are such a scam.  I remember the first printer my family had (around '94) would try to print even if you didn't have a cartridge in there.  You'd get a warning, but it would try anyway if you wanted it to.  Now you get stuck with printers that swear they can't print because they're out or low on some ink color (often, in my experience, when there is actually ink left in the cartridges!).  Total scam.

P

I have a Cannon all-in-one MP560, and while it warns you that the head can be damaged if you keep printing when the ink is low (which I doubt it can, plus the head is replaceable) it's fully possible to force it to print anyway (just requires an extra button press). I keep printing until the print outs come out bad as a result of insufficient ink.