Use famiclone controllers on a famicom?

Started by tonev, February 11, 2012, 09:00:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tonev

Use famiclone controllers on a famicom?
I have some famiclone controllers that can be attached to the ext port of the famicom but they are not working... maybe i have to rewire them in order for them to work?
I am back everyone :)

NintendoKing

A lot of famiclones use the expansion port standard but with wrong wiring,  Micro Genius famiclones for example have that issue.

jpx72

You can modify the cable connection inside of the controller or if you want, directly inside of the famiclone. There are pinouts out there (I think I've seen those Famicom->Famiclone even here on FW).

garyptaszek

I have a similar problem. I just got a Hudson Joycard and I can't get it to work with my PAL Famiclone. I've tried all the buttons and nothing responds? Could this be a region problem? I have heard some people have problems using NTSC controllers on PAL systems. Is there anyway to check the control works (without trying it on an actual Famicom as I don't currently own one).
Thanks
"GameCentre CX Chief ON!"

sconley666

Quote from: garyptaszek on May 14, 2012, 09:36:20 am
I have a similar problem. I just got a Hudson Joycard and I can't get it to work with my PAL Famiclone. I've tried all the buttons and nothing responds? Could this be a region problem? I have heard some people have problems using NTSC controllers on PAL systems. Is there anyway to check the control works (without trying it on an actual Famicom as I don't currently own one).
Thanks

I know that with NES controllers you can't use PAL controllers on an NTSC NES without disassembling the controller and I *think* adding a resistor between two point, but then it will work fine.  I could be confused and it could be the other way around using NTSC controllers on a PAL system but I think the first way I said it was correct.  Hope that helps
Also sconley666 on NintendoAge

133MHz

I have a similar problem. I just got a Hudson Joycard and I can't get it to work with my PAL Famiclone.

Does your clone have one or two 15 pin controller ports? If it's got two (one for each player) most likely it won't work with official Famicom expansion port controllers.

garyptaszek

Quote from: sconley666 on May 14, 2012, 04:21:23 pm
Thanks

I know that with NES controllers you can't use PAL controllers on an NTSC NES without disassembling the controller and I *think* adding a resistor between two point, but then it will work fine.  I could be confused and it could be the other way around using NTSC controllers on a PAL system but I think the first way I said it was correct.  Hope that helps

Yeah, if it needs modding I'm just gonna leave it, no sense messing with it as I'm sure I'll have a Famicom soon. Just wanted to make sure it was a incompatibility problem and not the controller acting up.

Quote from: 133MHz on May 14, 2012, 08:01:38 pm
I have a similar problem. I just got a Hudson Joycard and I can't get it to work with my PAL Famiclone.

Does your clone have one or two 15 pin controller ports? If it's got two (one for each player) most likely it won't work with official Famicom expansion port controllers.

it has just the one input and came with a cheap zapper clone... which barely worked  ::)

tonev

Pirate controllers work on original famicom BUT they act as a second player controller. If you want to use a controllers as first player you either have to mod the controller or create am expansion slot for it  ( 133Mhz had a schematic about it :) )
I am back everyone :)

garyptaszek

Quote from: tonev on May 15, 2012, 11:27:12 am
Pirate controllers work on original famicom BUT they act as a second player controller. If you want to use a controllers as first player you either have to mod the controller or create am expansion slot for it  ( 133Mhz had a schematic about it :) )

what about using the Joycard on a Famiclone?