Official Famicom World YouTube Account

Started by Alex930, July 29, 2006, 11:49:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JC

I finally had time to check that link...and as expected, it's blocked. The blocking software calls it a "Proxy Avoidance" site.

vealchop

really? they give you a way to get around that as well. You have to set up a url link on your home computer, and then access it through your work computer.

Its the second link on that page, the one about "circumventing" the block.
-chop

UglyJoe

Until they block your home IP or whatever proxy port you're using as well. 

Using proxies at school or libraries is all well and good, but using them at work is a nice way to seriously tick off your IT department and possibly get yourself fired.  Tread carefully, JC.

JC

Thanks for the warning. I don't do much web surfing at work anyway, though I like to check in here.

Doc

Yeah you'll have to tread with caution. My school's proxy is awful. I'm lucky ESPN.com comes in, or I'd go insane.

Jollie

i used to use this website www.hidebehind.com when i was at school last year.
Great Fox will cover you.

FamicomFreak

What's Famicom World address again? I will add you guys! I have a lot of NES/Famicom videos out already with some interesting stuff.
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

Doc

Jedi Master Baiter

Google is taking too long - no wonder no one uses it. >:(

It's too bad; I want to upload an uncut version.

JC

Why don't you just upload it to the FW server?

Jedi Master Baiter

JC

That's not too big for the server, assuming you have a fast enough internet connection to upload it, and assuming that anyone would want to take the time to download something that big. On my dial-up, it'd take all night. :D

Jedi Master Baiter

Nevermind, it worked.

NES/Famicom Game Over Compilation

I tried to keep it interesting & realistic.

By the way, there's a YouTube version; but it's condensed to 10 minutes, & even though the quality may look better, 30 fps - I mean, come on!  You can't enjoy single frame flickering - that renders the Rygar bit unfunny & pointless. :-\

133MHz

Wow... how much time took you to do it?

BTW, the skiing game looks awesome, what game it is? ;D

Doc

It's things like this that make me think that we REALLY need a "Featured Video" spot on the front page...