WTB Gimmick! also Madara & Langrange Point

Started by zoast, March 10, 2012, 10:41:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

zoast

March 10, 2012, 10:41:13 pm Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 08:14:12 am by zoast
Obviously, I'm willing to pay in advance since I'm new.  And I will pay a good price for it!!!

I'm only looking for the japanese version with the extra sound channels.  I just finished  modding my NES for expansion audio, it's been awesome hearing Akumajou Densetsu in it's full glory (the sawtooth bass is surprisingly smooth compared to the way NSF make it sound!)

I do have esper dream 2.  Unfortunately it's hard to play since I don't have any knowledge of the japanese language.  Even though I still want them, this definitely looks like a problem for madara, probably langrange too?  But Gimmick!, what a beautiful soundtrack!  Are there any other expansion audio games that are playable for someone like me?
Bah weep gragnah weep nini bong!

L___E___T

I have a loose LaGrange Point cart if you really want it, I was going to use it for a repro.

Why not just look on eBay though?  Probably best start to be honest, you can find cheapies on there.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

zoast

March 11, 2012, 06:55:42 am #2 Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 07:01:39 am by zoast
Quote from: 80sFREAK on March 11, 2012, 01:19:41 am
3 posts, no feedbacks. Tell us, what is the "good price" and how you going to pay?

100 bucks loose,  250 with box and manual.  Maybe more than those if in good shape?  You guys are the experts, I'm interested to know what it's worth in both cases.  There's one CIB in great shape on ebay for 325 BIN.  Is that too high or not ? That's a lot to pay for a game... It isn't for a wax museum, I want to play it.  

Also, paypal gift, is there some other way people transact here?

Quote from: L___E___T on March 11, 2012, 05:20:53 am
I have a loose LaGrange Point cart if you really want it, I was going to use it for a repro.

Why not just look on eBay though?  Probably best start to be honest, you can find cheapies on there.

Yeah, I can get lagrange on ebay.  Don't worry about it if you were going to use it, thanks for the reply though!  I'm not fiending for it as much as Gimmick, which doesn't show up very often there, especially loose.

Your name reminds me of the messageboard I usually post on.  We have this concept called LET   :P

Quote3 posts, no feedbacks, registered yesterday.
« Last Edit: Today at 12:51:21 PM by 80sFREAK »

:fire:
If you want to stick it to me that I'm new here, that's fine...  not in a huge rush or anything, I understand it's a big game to show up and want to trade for, I'll hang around and maybe bump this later or something.  :bub:

manuel

I've sold a CIB Gimmick in mint condition (looked like never used) for 250$ some time ago.
If you're patient I'm sure you can get it for around that price.

Parodius Duh

I dont see the problem here 80sFreak, so what if hes new? hes looking to BUY, which means you receive cash first in any instance. Yeah hes looking for a high ticket item, so was I with my very first post here....

If he was trying to SELL rare items with little to no feedback, thats when you have the right to raise your eyebrow.

nusilver

My first purchase here was for a loose Gimmick. I paid $100 for it, which is what I was offering. I received a cart that was near mint, and am very, very happy with it. Coming here and buying first (before selling) puts you at a great advantage as it gives you a quick opportunity to boost your feedback score, as I have. zoast, you'll do fine here. :)

Algo Fonix

My first post here was a Famicom... so yeah, nothin' wrong with coming to buy. You might even like it here. :P

Parodius Duh

He does not mention how he will pay at all in this post, just an Idea of what he thinks the cart goes for and says he will pay in advance!! Your logic makes sense but there is absolutely no need to use it right now.

zoast

March 12, 2012, 07:25:40 pm #8 Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 07:38:20 pm by zoast
Whoa, lots of responses from this thread since I checked it last.   (I'm usually out of the house for 14 hours mon and wed)

I definitely appreciate the positive reaction, thanks for those : )  But on the other hand the need for caution is understandable, too.  It's all good.

I would be fine with paying in a different manner if I feel like it is safe for me as well.  The more I felt uncomfortable with the method, the more I would need to be dealing with someone that appeared trusted from here, but I'm open to considering other ways.

80sfreak, I didn't do any video mod, it is just split audio - squares, tri/noise, expansion, to 1/4" jacks.  I still have been so stubborn to buy a better TV that mine doesn't have anything but A/V and RF ???.  Honestly, I am much more fanatical about the sound side of things (I have big tower speaker I hook up to my old systems), but eventually I will mod better video output for my old systems too.  Like, I've looked a little at a good S-vid mod for SNES, but I can't make use of that input yet : \

But I just run RCA video from the side of the toaster and 3  1/4"s to a mixer for the sound, playing Akumajou densetsu.   It actually sounds quite good panning the expansion channel mostly to one side, the 2a03 mostly to another side, and leaving the noise channel centered!
For other games, I might not even bother making use of the mod I made, because of the way the channels are separated, it was pretty much only for that game and if I can get Gimmick at some point (and hopefully in the future if I learn to read enough to play other expansion audio games, which may take a long while given the way they seem to be written).

I'm interested in what all you mean by "building my own hardware", maybe some searching around is in order when I get another chunk of free time : )  Honestly I haven't messed with electronics much at all, but I do have a good base of knowledge and tools, working as an electrician and having took circuits classes and such.