Someone on the internet (L_E_T) is wrong

Started by petik1, March 13, 2012, 05:41:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

petik1

March 13, 2012, 05:41:44 pm Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 11:55:46 am by petik1
Gather 'round, and tell your stories! I know Gamestop has pissed you off at least once before.

To start, I was eavesdropping in on a conversation between employee and customer. A mother was buying a book of cheat codes (people still buy those?) for her son. When asking the employee about it, he said with some snarky tone of voice "These codes can damage your system". Yes, he discouraged someone from buying something because he was a huge dickhead.  Note that we're not talking Game Shark or Action Replay, but those cheat codes built into the games. Needless to say, I was pissed because this was typical Gamestop douchebaggery.

Parodius Duh

I would have butted right in and put that idiot in his place. I rarely if ever step foot in a Gamestop cause I do not play modern garbage, But if I do need to and I hear one of the Dumbasses spraying bullshit from his mouth, I always jump right down their throats and make them look like dumbasses.  Does Gamestop test for idiocy? They are definitely an equal opportunity employer, cause they only hire brain damaged tools..

petik1

Changed the thread title to encompass a greater variety of hate.

Fucking financial analysts. They were dead wrong about the 3DS, they were dead wrong about the Wii, and I'm nearly sure they'll be wrong about the Wii U. One guy said that the Wii U should have been released 2-3 years ago (yeah, a new console when the Wii was at it's peak would be a splendid idea) and unless it sells for under $150, it's doomed. Do these people even play video games? Any old troll can write the same crap, but these people are paid to do it.Along with that, you have blogs that purposefully publish their shit to get page views.

:fire: Jesus, I hate how pretentious "gamers" are these days. :fire:

FamicomRetroGamer

How did that moron even gets to work at a store like Gamestop?

I don't live in US but last time I called Sony for assistance because of my PS3 they said "your console's damaged and there's nothing you can do about it". The woman asked her manager/supervisor and neither knew yet they said "damaged console", wow, bunch of imbeciles.

Myself, I don't buy games from stores any more but I used to when it was the Sega era, good times and they were all affordable, now games that are even crap cost way too much.

The gaming market is somewhat doomed.

Jedi Master Baiter

I bought the damage warranty with my Wii. One of the cover slots broke, so I called & was told I'd have to ship the entire console for them to replace that one (removable) part.

Drakon

I havn't set foot into one of those stores in probably a decade.  Since I live downtown there's actually some good stores where the guys actually know what they're selling and they also carry a lot of import and retro hardware.  Also I know a lot of private collectors who I usually buy awesome stuff from for cheap.  But pretty much anytime I went into a gamestop the people had no clue what they were selling....also had no clue about anything really.

manuel

Quote from: petik1 on March 14, 2012, 12:20:31 pm
Changed the thread title to encompass a greater variety of hate.

Fucking financial analysts. They were dead wrong about the 3DS, they were dead wrong about the Wii, and I'm nearly sure they'll be wrong about the Wii U. One guy said that the Wii U should have been released 2-3 years ago (yeah, a new console when the Wii was at it's peak would be a splendid idea) and unless it sells for under $150, it's doomed. Do these people even play video games? Any old troll can write the same crap, but these people are paid to do it.Along with that, you have blogs that purposefully publish their shit to get page views.

:fire: Jesus, I hate how pretentious "gamers" are these days. :fire:

I second this 110%.
I want to get paid 100k or more a year for telling crap, too!  >:(

Drakon

I have noticed how some people swear some of my work is fake because the internet says this and that.  Most people will believe whatever they're told.

manuel

Yeah, that's a big problem.
People believe everything what's written on the net.

Similar experience: One time I tried to correct some false Japanese game titles in some videogame database, only to get the response, "But Gamefaqs has it that way, so we'll leave it as it is." Meh.  :upsetroll:

Drakon

Yeah as soon as I started doing my mods I was surprised at how much of the information floating around on the internet is completely wrong, nothing but hype, or missing a LOT of very vital and important information.  The old superfx overclock guide never worked for me, all it did was underclock the games  ???

.....so I came up with a completely different one that actually DOES work.

L___E___T

thread title should be changed to "someone on the internet is wrong" :)
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

petik1

L___E___T

Hehe, I didn't expect it to be changed, but that's quite amusing!
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Jedi Master Baiter

Quote from: petik1 on March 16, 2012, 08:37:53 am
Quote from: L___E___T on March 16, 2012, 07:20:04 am
thread title should be changed to "someone on the internet is wrong" :)

Done.

Well, in my case it was someone on the phone... & I can't really say they were wrong, just stupid, & I can't really say if that person was stupid or it was just the policy... :-\

Whatever, thread title's wrong.

petik1