Someone on the internet (L_E_T) is wrong

Started by petik1, March 13, 2012, 05:41:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

L___E___T

Don't you get it?  I was adding to the thread title.  Someone on the internet (me) was wrong.  It needs to be changed back now as a result.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

fredJ

Quote from: manuel on March 14, 2012, 08:05:38 pm
Yeah, that's a big problem.
People believe everything what's written on the net.

Similar experience: One time I tried to correct some false Japanese game titles in some videogame database, only to get the response, "But Gamefaqs has it that way, so we'll leave it as it is." Meh.  :upsetroll:

you need to correct gamefaqs...

i take almost all my titles from gamefaqs even when I suspect they are wrong. Still not sure if I should call it Yuu Yuu Hakusho (gamefaqs) or Yu Yu Hakusho (the anime). Or how should I spell Getsu Fuma Den...  :help: Well, gamefaqs has become my authority anyways, for most games.
Selling  Japanese games in Sweden since 2011 (as "japanspel").
blog: http://japanspel.blogspot.com

manuel

Gamefaqs didn't even react to my changes/suggestions.
They're all against correct titles. :/

To answer your question, the "really" correct spelling is "Yuu Yuu", because the u-sounds are long in Japanese. Yu Yu is definitely false. But a lot of people don't care about short/long vowels, so... both can be found.

Getsufuumaden is yet another problem. In Japanese all words are written together. There are no rules as to how to separate words. So basically you can write it as you like.
The most sense to me makes: Getsufuuma-den. That would be the "legend of the moon wind devil".

Drakon

Quote from: manuel on March 21, 2012, 04:25:31 pm
Gamefaqs didn't even react to my changes/suggestions.
They're all against correct titles. :/

To answer your question, the "really" correct spelling is "Yuu Yuu", because the u-sounds are long in Japanese. Yu Yu is definitely false. But a lot of people don't care about short/long vowels, so... both can be found.

Getsufuumaden is yet another problem. In Japanese all words are written together. There are no rules as to how to separate words. So basically you can write it as you like.
The most sense to me makes: Getsufuuma-den. That would be the "legend of the moon wind devil".

If you ever learn pinyin you'll probably stab your eyes out.  Romaji is 100x better than pinyin.

manuel

Btw, I learned Pinyin in university.  ;D
I like Romaji a lot more.  :)

Drakon

Quote from: manuel on March 21, 2012, 10:25:46 pm
Btw, I learned Pinyin in university.  ;D
I like Romaji a lot more.  :)

Probably because it makes a lot more sense  :-[

manuel

Yes. To me at least.
Pinyin is not so bad, though. Especially compared to some other transcription systems. Wade-Giles is also okay in most cases.

Drakon

Quote from: manuel on March 23, 2012, 10:47:02 pm
Yes. To me at least.
Pinyin is not so bad, though. Especially compared to some other transcription systems. Wade-Giles is also okay in most cases.

I havn't looked into other systems but pinyin is the worst one I've come across so far.