Sale Thread Bumping in B/S/T forum

Started by Parodius Duh, April 13, 2012, 10:48:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Parodius Duh

how come It doesnt post Sale topics to the top of the page when the original poster adds a comment? I just updated my sales thread but people wont notice because the thing is stuck at the bottom of the list of topics....and even though I add a reply that says "updated blah blah blah" it still wont move.

MasterDisk

It merges your post if your last post was made less than 5 days ago (I think). It is a way to avoid too many bumps on the same topic.

MWK

Totally agree with 80sFREAK!
I bet most ppl don't even know they can remove their outdated/abandoned/sold threads and make a replacement instead of creating a new one.

Just how that section looks like now - good cleaning would be appreciated.

fredJ

There's always a problem when people bump their sales threads when they have added one or two game. Many people don't bother checking a sales thread with *each* new post made. I'll check it when someone changes the heading to "APRIL UPDATE", "NEW HARDWARE ADDED" or so, but  it's unlike I'll check in  thread such as "FS: Famicom games". Might as well start a new thread for that.
Also, seeing bumping of buy or sales thread every day is annoying, so I'm glad the posts merge.  :D

Another thing: I still think it would be useful to have one sales thread for famicom, and one for other stuff.
Selling  Japanese games in Sweden since 2011 (as "japanspel").
blog: http://japanspel.blogspot.com

Phosphora

April 30, 2012, 07:48:00 am #4 Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 07:59:02 am by Phosphora
The merge post is fine for the Selling forums, but stinks for all other forums.  I deleted a post and it deleted multiple other valuable posts in the same thread during the process because they were made within the past "X" days.

The merge post thing is dumb, just make a standard "No Bumping Sales threads within "X" amount of days" rule.
Seems to work out fine everywhere else on the internet.

I'm also OK with a single sales WTS thread/single WTB buyers thread allowed.
If it will eliminate the merge problem, please do so.

Post Merge: April 30, 2012, 07:59:02 am

This is just a new post that I wanted to merge.

L___E___T

Nobody reads the rules, I think this is a friendly forum and would rather it didn't decend into assembler-style legalities.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。