March 28, 2024, 06:01:43 pm

My Blu-ray Collection

Started by FamicomRetroGamer, August 20, 2011, 05:10:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

son_ov_hades

FamicomRetroGamer

Updated the list on the primary post.

Anywho, here's a pic (bad quality photo, unfortunately)

Only thing I was disappointed is that Amazon didn't send it carefully on an A4 box type which they usually do, and from this fault of theirs, the slipcover came a bit damaged but other than the slipcover everything's in perfect condition. :)

Jedi Master Baiter

Yelir

My Blu Ray collection with start and finish at the same time when I commit to purchasing a Criterion copy of Salo.  :crazy:

Parodius Duh

I dont collect blu ray releases but I cant wait to receiving my Blu Ray Burner and transfer my Anime collection. I have so many discs Im looking forward to transferring the equivalent of 3 discs on to one single.

Algo Fonix

The only Bluray I have at the moment is Zebraman 2. It was one of those dvd/blu combos... I don't even have a bluray player!

Drakon

I don't even use disks anymore I just store movies on my 2tb internal sata hdd.  I don't really mind dvd quality instead of blu-ray I've experienced some ultimate blu-ray setups and dvd is good enough for me.

stealthlurker

Love movies... and some "classic" tv shows.

Got a lot more blu-rays since this pic. I mostly like old 80s/90s and some older classics. Also grab a lot of criterion, kurosawa-ish  type stuff. Not too much anime, but Ghibli is an insta-buy for me. I have 3 PS3s and an OPPO bluray player. Three HD-DVD players with one of them being the flagship X2. Got a couple nice LD players in addition to a Laseractive. I even have a HD VHS (DVHS) player! Plays special hi-def VHS tapes in native 1080i (not upscaled, though it will upscale regular VHS tapes).

Also got a good chunk of HD-DVD, a huge DVD and large Laserdisc collection (mostly japanese and boxed sets).

In terms of the "dirty" wares (downloaded movie/tv stuff).... I've got 32 TERABYTES (not gigs! but TBs) of network storage with a PC in every room.

Drakon

I have a 2tb hdd and a collection of avis.  I also still have my old big dvd collection which I started in the year 2000

nintendodork

I envy you, stealthlurker. One day I wish to steal that much copyrighted property. Only at around 50GB~ right now.

I have one Blu-Ray, even though the only BR player I own is in my laptop...

Mostly for the DVD and digital copies. :P
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

FamicomRetroGamer

Quote from: stealthlurker on May 16, 2012, 11:13:16 pm
Love movies... and some "classic" tv shows.

Got a lot more blu-rays since this pic. I mostly like old 80s/90s and some older classics. Also grab a lot of criterion, kurosawa-ish  type stuff. Not too much anime, but Ghibli is an insta-buy for me. I have 3 PS3s and an OPPO bluray player. Three HD-DVD players with one of them being the flagship X2. Got a couple nice LD players in addition to a Laseractive. I even have a HD VHS (DVHS) player! Plays special hi-def VHS tapes in native 1080i (not upscaled, though it will upscale regular VHS tapes).

Also got a good chunk of HD-DVD, a huge DVD and large Laserdisc collection (mostly japanese and boxed sets).

In terms of the "dirty" wares (downloaded movie/tv stuff).... I've got 32 TERABYTES (not gigs! but TBs) of network storage with a PC in every room.

*pic 1*

*pic 2*

That's a really cool collection, but what about the slipcovers, they didn't come or you threw them away? :P

Quote from: Drakon on May 17, 2012, 07:01:43 am
I have a 2tb hdd and a collection of avis.  I also still have my old big dvd collection which I started in the year 2000

AVI container is outdated and poop nowadays, you're much better going with MKV or MP4's container, smaller size and far better quality than an AVI would offer.

Drakon

uhm I don't even know if any of them are avis I just said avi because it's gauranteed people will know what an avi is.  Although the "quality and size" of an AVI depends on what compression you use.  I can generate avis in virtualdub using many different types of compression with varying results.